BBriver - Marketplace to buy or sell bb templates

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by thepappillon, Nov 28, 2015.

1. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

[​IMG]
    we has just launched a buildbox marketplace . (it's still in beta phase)
    bbriver is a marketplace where you can buy an sell ready buildbox templates.
    seller get 80% of the sales
    if you are interested to buy or sell a template go there www.bbriver.com
    ---------------------------
    (more than 489$ in total sales till now with our sellers)
    join now as seller , list your templates and make an income. here

#update 16/12/2015
    bbriver announce that from today there is no min-payout for sellers and no waiting period to request payout, if you got 1$ you can request it the same day .
    good luck with sales .

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    Ishamahes, trudnai and GeoffB like this.
  2. Rebel Studios

Rebel Studios Avid Boxer

Nice :)

thepappillon likes this.
  3. lawchin76

lawchin76 Boxer

nice

thepappillon likes this.
  4. trygii

trygii Avid Boxer

I really see potential of this new marketplace. There are already some projects up which is great :)

thepappillon likes this.
  5. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

Thanks mate ;)

6. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

#update
    no-min-payout

[​IMG]

Ishamahes and BBDOC like this.
  7. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

8. ruru

ruru Boxer

Awesome stuff. Just a q - Are we allowed to resell our templates using the Buildbox name? I ask, because with GameSalad there was a huge issue with a reseller doing just this. The reseller had to remove all reference to GameSalad logos etc from their site which of course impacts greatly on search results. Some insight would be great.

9. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

I Think there is okay to sell your template using "buildbox" : as the buyer needs to know with each engine was made the game ..
    by the way i already contacted the buildbox.com support , their reply was :
    "...The only thing we can't have is you using our logo or images, as people will confuse it with us and per our trademark. We ask you to create your own unique branding which can still revolved around Buildbox. We wish you all the best of luck."

10. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

Some Payout Proofs To our Sellers
    Be the next , and list your templates for Free
    1.png 3.png 2.png

11. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

This has potential.

12. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

I purchased a template last week just to give me an idea of how things are set up in BB. It is interesting and can help understand how some functions work. However, it would be cool if those who are selling would actually publish a small guide/tutorial where and how to change things.

13. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

Thanks for purchasing from us .
    we will make some new updates in the store soon (including rules and conditions of listing items , so it will be necessary to include a small documentaion with the item )

14. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

I don't want to be the bad-ass, but I think this should be taken down: http://www.bbriver.com/market/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=90

I'm completely in favor of taking elements and being inspired by other games, hence this is how the industry works. But we never ever should copy a game 100% just for the sake of making money. And as third parties (like you are with your marketplace) we shouldn't help these developers either.

Ishamahes and playsgames6666 like this.
  15. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

@Christoph
    As you know this is just a maketplace , where sellers put their products .
    those templates , don't belong to us .
    usualy the template must be deleted immediatly if we received any complaint report from the site , in this case we didn't receive any report.
    http://www.bbriver.com/market/index.php?route=information/contact

concerning promotion of the clone from your game "color switch" , normally each game added in bbriver would be promoted by the responsible of marketing in our team .

I contacted @Machine Rises
    Now the game was deleted from our site , and everything's okay.

Ishamahes and Christoph like this.
  16. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

As the owner of the marketplace and share holder of each and every sell that is made on your site, you have the responsibility to NOT promote articles that infringe the rights from others. When you accept templates that do infringe you infringe as well and can be hold responsible for the infringement because you make money with it. I would be very careful to choose what you accept and what not. In the case of Color Switch it was just plain obvious and you never should have put it their in the first place.

For me, it's not that much about the rights, but it takes also away quality from your marketplace. If you just sell copies from other games what is the purpose of the site? I'm glad to see you deleted it, but it would have been even better if you would have done it by yourself without the feedback from Machine Rises. I think you should implement filters that prevent this kind of behavior in the first place to assure the ethics and quality of your site. :rolleyes: Just my humble opinion though.

17. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Disagree. Sometimes users can improve on the original. And, from my own experience, purchasing a template is a great way to understand how the software works especially when detailed tutorials are thin on the ground.

firedevil14 and Christoph like this.
  18. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Yes and no. If it is intended for a learning purpose then it should be sold for only this purpose, with only this license. And anyway, I believe all things related to learning should be free. Knowledge should be shared whenever possible.

19. thepappillon

thepappillon Avid Boxer

As already told you we are not responsible untill we didn't receive any complaint .
    templates could also bought for learning purpose... if you find some clones published in app stores ,in this case you can react and send report to the play/apple stores .
    a customer could buy a cloned template and change all gameplay and graphics to got a new game or idea
    as an example we had already published a game with the same concept , "Tap Tap Top"
    http://www.bbriver.com/market/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=82
    if i take this game and add some colors , it will be "color switch"

try to search in other marketplaces you'll find a huge loads of cloned app sources for sale with cheap price.
    http://codecanyon.net/item/color-switch-3d-buildbox-project-included/14866433?s_rank=5
    http://codecanyon.net/item/color-swap/14497924?s_rank=15
    http://codecanyon.net/item/infinity-climb-color-switcher/14810911?s_rank=3 ;)

it's not about buying a clone app , it's about how to manipulate it .

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  20. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

It would be appropriate to change some core elements or at least the colors in the template. It's pretty easy in the digital age to change small things and as such have a "complete" different game. But when you clone then it's exactly that, a clone. A 100% copy which infringes the rights of the original game because the clone was intended to look/behave/feel the same as the original. As simple as that.

But hey, you can do what ever you want.