Making a seperate area like in the game Phases

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by jigglybean, Feb 3, 2016.

1. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

Hi all

My question is straight forward.
    I want to have the random level set up for say 1-40 levels, but in the game Phases, I noticed a 'ZERO' level at the end. My question is, can I have the randomness followed by an area like ZERO as a final area? If so, can I please be pointed in the right direction.

2. energizerlithium

energizerlithium Avid Boxer

I think it's possible if you set all your scenes at the beginning as random by STACKING SCENES, but for the scenes you want to be in a proper sequence, you'd go where you'd like to align the scenes up in the scene editor at the bottom (looks like a bunch of yellow lines).

You'd measure out after how many pixels you'd like the game to finally get alligned up ( Say after 200,000 pixels) and then drag the DOT (in the scene editor) of the scene you'd like the game to continue off to, and drag it to 200,001 pixels.
    Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 11.46.41 PM.png

It's a bit difficult to explain here, but if you look at the picture above, you can see that all the scenes above SCENE 11 are the random scenes. At SCENE 11, the game gets aligned up to follow a level (like ZERO in Phases)

I hope that helps

jigglybean likes this.
  3. jigglybean

jigglybean Avid Boxer

ah thanks. is that what those lines are for? lol I was wondering

4. energizerlithium

energizerlithium Avid Boxer

Lol yea bud those are basically for timing your scenes and ordering them for a sequence

5. comicsmathias

comicsmathias Avid Boxer

You can also click on each scene and choose start end end level on the top right side. if you set end distance to -1 they play forever.