Actions | Reward | Points ???

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by wcgames, Oct 11, 2015.

1. wcgames

wcgames Boxer

Hello everyone

I would like to ask if anyone knows how to create new feature "Reward Points"???
    [BuildBox v1.3.5 | added: ability for actions to reward points]

How do we set?
    How do we see (total points)?

(Sorry for my English)

quikamine likes this.
  2. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

Just drag an image to your project as an "action". Click the new action on the left side of the screen to bring up its properties on the right side of the screen. You will see a property now call "Reward Points". Give this a positive value. When the action is collected by your character the points will be added to "Score Points". The same variable used in distance games.

wcgames and Jamie like this.
  3. wcgames

wcgames Boxer

Thank you for the answer @stevinz.

I did exactly as you said and it works. I see with SCORE AMOUNT.
    But whenever I do ''action NextCheckpoint' or character defeat, the score reset. Score Amount = 0.

????

4. stevinz

stevinz Avid Boxer

Well I would guess its probably designed to reset when the character dies so you can start over from 0. Otherwise your score would never stop getting endlessly higher and higher. Wouldn't make for a very fun game center. I guess I'm not really sure what type of game you're trying to make. The reason they added the reward points is so that games could still allow the player to collect coins for in game purchases while at the same time allowing for gameplay that didn't sole rely on distance type scoring.

As far as resetting from next check point, I have not had a similar problem while using in game checkpoints. Are you referring to action buttons in your menu system or during gameplay?

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    wcgames likes this.
  5. wcgames

wcgames Boxer

I want exactly what you mention: "games could still allow the player to collect coins for in game purchases while at the same time allowing for gameplay that didn't sole rely on distance type scoring".

I am using actions in gameplay like SetCheckpoint & NextCheckpoint.

I made the following settings, but every time the character touches a NextCheckpoint Action in GamePlay deletes the Score Amount:

Project Settings | General | Score Type: Distance
    GamePlay | Add Action | Name: actPoint
    GamePlay | Action actPoint | Type: None
    GamePlay | Action actPoint | Reward Coins: 0
    GamePlay | Action actPoint | Show coin reward: uncheck
    GamePlay | Action actPoint | Reward Points: 1
    GamePlay | Action actPoint | Show points reward: check

6. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Be interested to hear if anyone has got anything to add to this also - I'd like to display what checkpoint the player is at on the game over screen, but there is no way I see to do this as yet.

I can put a coin directly before a checkpoint and use best coin amount, but if the player travels through 2 or more checkpoints in 1 session, this skews everything.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  7. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Make it so hard that it is impossible to pass two checkpoints? :confused::rolleyes:;):)

8. Kevin W

Kevin W Avid Boxer

Cheeky Bump :)

Wondering if there are any plans on having the coins not resetting after checkpoints? Even with the added reward points system introduced, if the game has checkpoints, it is not possible to use coins as a scoring method which is a real pain - any heads up on this would be super appreciated :)

Collin Wade Thiessen likes this.