Particle, Music and Game Over UI in BB2

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by qiang_ma, Jan 26, 2016.

1. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Hey Guys. I'm new here and met with some problems with our little game, it's just a demo right now.

First is the Particle effects. When I'm previewing it on the PC it would be just fine but has to be saved before preview. But when I test it on iPhone the particle wouldn't show.

Second problem is the Music. I have a game music looped, but once the character defeated and restart, the music would stop and never ring again. I thought it might because of my setting failure but could you guys tell me how do you usually set the music?

Third is the Game Over UI. BB1 has the Game Over Screen but BB2 has only Game Over UI, what should I do if I still want a Game Over Screen?

Thank you guys! Really need your help!

jxmattei likes this.
  2. Aaron F

Aaron F Avid Boxer

Try this:
    1. Particle effects - Make sure you are not using an image that is used somewhere else in the game. Try dragging a new image into the existing particle to replace what you currently have.

2. Setup the music on the Main Menu UI and clear it everywhere else.

3. Right click and add a new Scene Screen then make your mind map connections

playsgames6666 likes this.
  3. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Hey Aaron!
    Thank you so much for the solutions! I've tried your advice, but the music thing still not working, I thought maybe it is a bug of BB2 or something. But in BB1 it didn't happen.

4. jxmattei

jxmattei Boxer

Hi qiang_ma!

Thank you for posting this question! I am also facing the same problem with the music stopping when the player gets defeated. I tried what Aaron suggested but the music still stops even though I just have it playing at the Main Menu UI.

Did you get to solve this problem? Is anyone else experiencing this issue with BB2?

Thank you!

5. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

Hey jxmattei!
    After I tried Aaron's suggestion about the music I send an e-mail to support@buildbox.com. Then Sean told me this music thing is a known problem of BB2, and they are fixing it right now. I think that we should wait for it. But the BB2 Beta2 has come tomorrow, you could download it from the same link of beta1.
    Hope my information would be useful for you!

jxmattei likes this.
  6. jxmattei

jxmattei Boxer

Thank you, quiang_ma!

I also opened a support ticket right before I saw your answer and got the same response. Still, I appreciate your time responding.

7. qiang_ma

qiang_ma Avid Boxer

:)pleasure