Cave Jumpers!

Discussion in 'Game Showcase' started by DeadlySeriousMedia, Dec 7, 2015.

1. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

I think there is a way for using BB1 to make one app that contains both a leveled version and an endless version , separately. Darthy and Phases are examples of combining leveled with endless at the "end." However, I think @Simon Crack said he has set up a link on the menu of an app to go to a portal where an endless version begins. I have not tried this, but I think it can be done. Anyone done it?

2. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

Man "Deal with it" love it :cool:

3. DeadlySeriousMedia

DeadlySeriousMedia Avid Boxer

@Jamie I wanted to add trails to some of the characters along with a few more effects but those features aren't working yet so...

If there appears to be no movement out of BB2 next month then it's off to market with Cave Jumpers as is. Still a fine game IMO.

@wayne_martell Thanks! :)

4. wayne_martell

wayne_martell Avid Boxer

I think humor is a forgotten art and any chance you can, put it in. It's one of the biggest things lacking in BB games. Just a small thing like this really makes it. Best of luck !

5. Jamie

Jamie Avid Boxer

My advice is to just go to market, in as big a way as you can, now.
    I have not purchased BB2. I won't until it is relatively bug free.
    I am still making several game titles with BB1 and am planning my sequels according to what BB2 will enable.
    I might be in the minority of buildbox users because of all this, but I am not ready to buy until it for sure works the way I will want it. When I buy, I will buy the for life version. For now, I continue to use the for life version of BB1

6. Phill Mason

Phill Mason Serious Boxer

7. DeadlySeriousMedia

Anyone want to do some iOS beta? We've got a build ready for testing! :D

Drop your itunes email and we'll add you on.

8. cioccaapps

cioccaapps Boxer

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  9. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

Me too. Would love to test it. You got my mail already.

10. dtanner2000

dtanner2000 Boxer

Likewise..

11. DeadlySeriousMedia

12. ThoPel

ThoPel Boxer

Here are my points (iPhone):
    o_O the "more" button (left top corner) has no function / nothing happens
    o_O the "rate" button (right top corner) has no function / nothing happens
    :confused: some plattforms fall very very fast
    :confused: I often can't see the next platform
    :rolleyes: 150 diamonts for a video, but only 2 diamonds in the game
    :) the ghost character and his effect, the perfect dungeon character
    ;) What about a double jump?

13. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

Email: andre_sprs@yahoo.com

14. DeadlySeriousMedia

- the "more" button (left top corner) has no function / nothing happens
    Functionality not added yet
    - the "rate" button (right top corner) has no function / nothing happens
    Functionality not added yet
    - some plattforms fall very very fast
    Yeah, Still trying to work that one out. Once you wake up a physics object there's little that can be done with it.
    - I often can't see the next platform
    We'll look into this.
    - 150 diamonts for a video, but only 2 diamonds in the game
    Video Value for testing. Will probably drop it between 50-100.
    - the ghost character and his effect, the perfect dungeon character
    Thanks!
    - What about a double jump?
    Have you found the golden wings yet? ;)

15. Christoph

Christoph Miniboss Boxer

1. The game is very very hard or I really suck at it. My best score till now is 206 (thanks to the golden wings).
    2. Gamecenter not working. On purpose?
    3. I really would like to see the play button in a different color than gray to stand out more. Matter of taste probably. But yellow could be cool.
    4. For how the character behaves (physics) I feel some wings are missing. It's rather flying like a chicken rather than jumping. I imagine that the characters all are trying to fly but can't (till they get the golden wings). That would be funny.
    5. Some text explaining the controls would be necessary. I knew because I read the description. But most users will not. Something like: tap to jump! Hold-tap to jump further. Or too much text probably?
    6. For the falling platforms, did you try to make it with linear velocity? I can imagine if you put something like -0.5 and after 5 pixels a logic element with -100 it will look like falling after a half a second. Just an idea you would have to test it. I actually don't dislike it like it is right now because it brings additional fast paced action to the game. One other thing you could try is to animate the platform with a little wiggle to it, so it looks from far away that it will fall very fast when touching.
    7. Once I got stock when the phone went into sleep mode. I came back to the game and it was automatically paused. When I went back to the game the character was stock. I have seen this in other BB games and it seems a glitch. I would provide a quit button in the pause menu because I had to re-start the game completely.

That's all for now. Will keep playing a little tonight. ;)

16. Wings n Armor

Wings n Armor Avid Boxer

Love It:}

17. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

Energatixgames@gmail.com, thanks.

18. DeadlySeriousMedia

Got everyone. Closing the tester application. Thanks! Looking forward to the great feedback!

19. Taimoor Javaid

Taimoor Javaid Avid Boxer

20. DeadlySeriousMedia

1. The game is very very hard or I really suck at it. My best score till now is 206 (thanks to the golden wings).
    2. Gamecenter not working. On purpose? Next version will have functionality.
    3. I really would like to see the play button in a different color than gray to stand out more. Matter of taste probably. But yellow could be cool. Not a bad idea. Maybe animated a bit as well. Will look into this.
    4. For how the character behaves (physics) I feel some wings are missing. It's rather flying like a chicken rather than jumping. I imagine that the characters all are trying to fly but can't (till they get the golden wings). That would be funny.
    5. Some text explaining the controls would be necessary. I knew because I read the description. But most users will not. Something like: tap to jump! Hold-tap to jump further. Or too much text probably? Added this for the next version.
    6. For the falling platforms, did you try to make it with linear velocity? I can imagine if you put something like -0.5 and after 5 pixels a logic element with -100 it will look like falling after a half a second. Just an idea you would have to test it. I actually don't dislike it like it is right now because it brings additional fast paced action to the game. One other thing you could try is to animate the platform with a little wiggle to it, so it looks from far away that it will fall very fast when touching. These are physics object so BuildBox has few options. I did give it a 10 y-velocity on wake up the keep it in the air for a half second longer. It give a much better chance to react. Will be in the next version.
    7. Once I got stock when the phone went into sleep mode. I came back to the game and it was automatically paused. When I went back to the game the character was stock. I have seen this in other BB games and it seems a glitch. I would provide a quit button in the pause menu because I had to re-start the game completely. Good call. One of the BB bugs that will probably never get fixed.
    That's all for now. Will keep playing a little tonight.

Christoph likes this.