Master Collection (dead?)

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Rattlehead, Dec 15, 2021.

1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

Not sure who can answer this, but I am wondering what has happened to the Master Collection (specifically Voxelbox, Animationbox, Soundbox and Pixelbox)? It was quite a substantial investment and outside of some initial releases, it feels like they have fallen by the wayside.

Are these products still being developed (3+ years later), or are there other plans to recognize that people bought into Buildbox because of these additional products and their integrations?

Has anyone else who purchased Master Collection received clarification?

2. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Will be dead. Currently only buildbox 3 is being worked on.

3. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

It's funny that you had posted this thread here as It was on my mind and I was about to open a new thread on exactly this same topic here!! These... ( AnimationBox, SoundBox, PixelBox, VoxelBox ) are also their products as well.. And do not understand why they are not available to their subscribers also?! Just my personal opinion here.. But these products should also be made available to BuildBox subscribers in additional packages since they was specifically developed exclusively for use with the BuildBox development platforms that are currently available. These products could be offered in selected options to existing subscribers or new BuildBox customers for an additional amount on their subscriptions so these products/tools could be put to good use as they was developed for in the first place! It's a horrible shame that such time and efforts and investment was put into all these products only to abandon them altogether and let them die! To the BuildBox development team and company... What has become of these products and why are they not made available to your current existing subscribers and future new customers?!?

4. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

I had posted it awhile back and no one responded and I would appreciate a formal response to it. I bought into Buildbox based on the premise that Master Collection 2.0 was going to include these products and it cost $2,675 USD ($3,449.36 CAD today). That is not trivial by any stretch of the imagination and it seems like it is being swept under the rug.

Can we please get someone from Buildbox to provide an official response to this? I, and I am sure many others as well, bought MC2 back in December 2017 and feel more than a bit slighted over this. More than anything, it feels like it was a cash grab to keep the company afloat.

DrWho likes this.
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

@DrWho, I think they are not available to everyone as they are incomplete.

6. Coldwilson

Coldwilson Avid Boxer

Same here @Rattlehead I bought MC2 at the same time and feel that we were well and truly shafted on that. Those tools were barely developed and have been conveniently forgotten. It feels like developing BB3 and ignoring BB2 was a strategic error of judgement. No wonder so many have left these forums, particularly the major players who were the lifeforce of these boards. BB team wouldn't listen to them and we had months/years of broken promises. At least comms was better back then, now it feels like the company is winding down.

DrWho likes this.
  7. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

You will never get an answer deuaf or if at all a promise that there are plans. I have known the team for a long time and hardly expect anything anymore anyway. Unfortunately, all they ever do is promise something and never do anything. So I strongly believe that there will never be anything about Buildbox 2 or the rest. It is like this and will stay like this buildbox 3 is here and will remain a beta like all products from here and will also be replaced at some point and something new will come. The Master collection is the same ... It will not be developed any further.

DrWho likes this.
  8. aryanveer95

aryanveer95 Boxer

Since they already started ignoring (Buildbox-2), why would they care about (AnimationBox, SoundBox, PixelBox, VoxelBox)?. I want to make it clear to Buildbox team that, if we want to make 3D games, we choose Unity any day instead of BB3. We are here for BB2 and we are still using BB2. So please stop ignoring BB2, release an update for BB2 with more features. Hope you understand. Thank you.

swimmingames and DrWho like this.
  9. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

Well depending on how these products was developed and integrated as a whole I assume..?! My previous point was that it would be much better for everyone and also their current and future customers if these products was made available in some sort of way as an additional option in current and future subscriptions to their line of products. However with that being said.. Ignoring these products and their current and future potential customers is most definitely not a very wise economic business decision at any rate!
    It make no sense and completely goes against everything they are trying to do with their existing products. Not supporting previous products that good customers/subscribers had invested good money into doesn't help them any either.. Because this is nothing more than a clear message to other potential subscribers/customers that they will drop a current existing product of theirs just as soon as a new one come along to take the mantel and its place! Most people can read, and when they see these kinds of comments in regards to their products and the support shown over time will in the long run just make these potential customers turn around and look elsewhere... The BuildBox team in my honest opinion really needs to rethink their strategy here on what they are currently doing to improve their products for their customers and to show and give the existing and future customers the proof that they will support their products on a regular basis and stand behind them as they should be so doing! Otherwise expect to lose more customers that will just move to another platform for their needs.

10. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

@Rattlehead , @Coldwilson - I am so sorry you gentlemen had invested such a great amount into this package only to be ignored over time as well as @HG-2018 and others... I myself have not made such an investment as I like to fully learn the free version of any software first to see if it will work for my needs first before making such an investment thereafter. But others on here that have already done so like you gentlemen have already.. This is most definitely very unfair and not very good customer relations and good economics business wise! Hopefully these complaints will reach the ears of the AppOnBoard and the BuildBox development team and something will finally be done about it?! I guess we'll have to wait and see I suppose..

11. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

Thanks, and I agree that it would be great to have these additional products be available for all of their customers.

Quite honestly, I have held off on developing anything with Buildbox and continue to use other engines due to the business practices that have been used prior to AppOnBoard's involvement. I love the idea of Buildbox and believe in the mindset of work smarter, not harder. The idea that you can drag and drop components together to get 90% of the way there and customize with additional code is awesome and as long as a game is enjoyable, the casual gamer doesn't care whether the developer used a tool like Buildbox, or wrote it in 10,000+ lines of code...

I hold out hope, but the fact that no one has stood up from the Buildbox team to discuss what is going on with these additional products is discouraging and like @HG-2018 indicated, they are likely not going to see the light of day. Otherwise we wouldn't be seeing things like Buildbox World and Buildbux.

DrWho likes this.
  12. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

@Rattlehead , @Coldwilson, @HG-2018 and @aryanveer95 - Have any of you gentlemen tried BuildBox 3 and tried to develop in 2D on it? I have been playing around with it some and it appears that a lot of the missing logic and features that I was originally mentioning in a previous thread about a few weeks ago seems to be available in BuildBox 3 when working in 2D mode. If you guys have tried it some.. What is your opinions in this regards and why do you still prefer to continue to work in BuildBox 2 / Classic over BuildBox 3 other than what was previously mentioned from you guys with the investments you have put into BuildBox 2 / Master Collection?

13. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

You don't expect an answer, do you? As always, there is no answer. Give it up and realise they will never work on anything again except the beta of buildbox 3 and that will eventually stop getting support. Buildbox has only ever released betas and never an alpha.... Unfortunately that's how it is and how it will stay. Support no longer responds to requests for old versions anyway. I've been waiting for a fix to reward videos for Buildbox 2 for I don't know how long, and I got an answer but nothing more. That was easily 6 months ago. If I treated my customers like that, I'd be out of a job. ;)

Unfortunately, the master collection was and is the biggest scam. Many have paid and actually not received much.

DrWho likes this.
  14. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

Just curious to ask if you don't mind @HG-2018 .. Since your absolutely positive that nothing will ever be done EVER!! And that the older versions of BuildBox and other products in the past will never ever be worked on anymore and eventually BuildBox 3 will end up the same as you say. Then I beg to ask you if you have moved on to another development platform now due to your beliefs in this here? And if not.. Then why do you continue still to work with BuildBox software if it is still this bad for you?!? Not trying to rude or the like mind you! Just simply curious to ask why if I may?

15. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I have been working with other platforms for a long time or have you seen anything new from me that has to do with buildbox? I don't pay like others and use buildbox once in a while to see what's going on. Unfortunately not much ... I have given up questioning anything and am letting my current year contract expire and will not be renewing it. Many people know my tutorials on Buildbox Classics and I get written up today on why I hardly do anything anymore. Buildbox is dead for my future projects and I will only finish the project I started and that's it for me and buildbox. I have invested too much time, money and patience in the programme. For 3d games there are far better things than buildbox. But I have zero interest in 3d. So I will continue with another programme, where I could make a lot of positive experiences. The performance was also much better and the levels could be made much larger without the fps going straight down.

So I say goodbye to the community of buildbox.

16. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

May I kindly ask you what other platforms your working on now instead of BuildBox? What current platform are you using the most for your 2D creations and why do you like the particular platfrom and would you recommend it to others?

17. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

18. DrWho

DrWho Boxer

19. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Boxer

It's been awhile so I wanted to check in to see if there has been any more work on everything that was promised with The Master Collection. Has anyone from Buildbox commented on this yet? That was a significant investment that is feeling more and more like a scam since there hasn't been any significant progress on them.

20. MattWills

MattWills Avid Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Please can you give us MC3 an idea of whats happening with any updates to this software?