Buildbox Classic Jump Button Fix

Discussion in 'Gameplay' started by HG-2018, Aug 5, 2021.

1. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I finally found a solution for the jumpbutton when it doesn't work anymore.

Many have the problem that the jump button, especially in Jump and Run games suddenly no longer works. I have tried countless settings but nothing helped. According to support it was due to Ground Thersehold. I tested everything and found out that whenever I use an action item and I change the gameplay, the jump button goes all of a sudden. So I tested as long as I could to see what the problem was. I simply reset Ground Thesehold with the Action button and since then I never had a problem with the Jump button again. I just put an action button over the jump button and it works fine.

Settings for Action Item
    Important settings

Duration 0.001
    Appearance Chance 100
    Ground Thereshold 0.1
    Bounce Force 0.001

[​IMG]

UI Action Button
    Important settings
    Block touch through :OFF (Jump Button and Action fix Button)
    Unlimited Use: ON
    The jump Button and the ACTION FIX BUTTON on the same position (Stick to Edge on or off both)

[​IMG]

I hope I could help some. ;)

Actually, with the solution only a reset of the settings of ground theresehold takes place and that is the reason why the jump button often does not work. Thus, the support would have to make the next update only a revision of the settings for this function.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
  2. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I have revised the bugfix a little bit. I will soon make a tutorial about what settings you need. The new version is a lot better and should now work for everyone.

Jaro likes this.
  3. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Here the new Tutorial with the fix and bbdoc

33Shox, Marclb and DariusGuerrero like this.
  4. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

great job on this!

HG-2018 likes this.
  5. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Amazing. Thank you so much for sharing the fix. This was a game breaking bug for ages. You did a lot for this community along the years. More than the whole bb support team combined. I hope Buildbox will reward you somehow but i doubt it :D

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
    HG-2018 likes this.
  6. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

According to support, this is not a bug, it is a setting thing. I have tried all settings and it was never good in the long run. Support couldn't even tell me the settings that were supposed to work. ;)

What I have figured out for myself is that severe FPS drops cause this bug.

33Shox likes this.
  7. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

I noticed that the bug can easily be triggered if (on your phone) you touch the lower part of the jump button (like the edge of the phone screen) I also submitted the bug long time ago to support with screenshots and video but no reply. Anyway, it is working great now with your fix. You have no ideea how happy you made me :D .

Jaro and HG-2018 like this.
  8. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

For all those where it does not work so well with the trick I have found another solution. I spent a few days to make the setting so that even in my problem game (Dan the Dungeon Digger) the jump button works 99% of the time. I found that if you set Bounceforce to 1 it works beautifully. There have been reports of the character sticking to the ground at some point. So I thought it could possibly be fixed with a small bounce and lo and behold it works. You can try this and I hope that the last problems with the jump button are solved.

Sets the idle frames in the UI to 0

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
    Jaro and Vlad-NY like this.