Buildbox Classic 2.21.1 Beta #2722 Is Here!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, May 3, 2021.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there Creators!

Today we have for you at long last the BETA for Buildbox Classic (formerly known as Buildbox 2).

Coming to you in this Beta are a new login screen akin to what you're used to with Buildbox 3 (No more pesky activation keys once migrated), new updated presets in color, and more.

If you have trouble migrating your old Buildbox 2 to the new Buildbox Classic Beta login please send an email to support@buildbox.com and we'll be more than happy to assist :)

Current Known Issues we're addressing prior to full launch:

Callouts:
    -Unable to export to Amazon
    -Chartboost Interstitials ads fail to work on exported games.
    -iOS: InMobi Interstitial ads are not working
    -iOS: Facebook Ads are not working (Banner + Interstitial)
    -When switching between accounts, occasionally files will be missing when exporting

• This ongoing BB issue seems to be occurring more in Beta, something to keep an eye out for. Deleting modules and letting BB re-download them fixes the issue.
    These are rare issues that may pop up:
    -User is logged out and sent to the Login page when closing BBClassic.
    -User fails to login to BBClassic the first time using Google

We will also have new, updated tutorials coming with official launch as well ;) Note: There may be slight discrepancies in the current tutorials and the Beta Build until official launch.

As always ensure making backups of your BBDOC before using this build. Also any bugs you find please shoot it over with details to support@buildbox.com :)

Below are the Beta Download links. We appreciate your patience and help with the software!

macOS: https://releases.buildbox.com/build...1.1-2722_5136c8ead252d50fdab542d95b535086.zip

Windows
    : https://releases.buildbox.com/build...1.1-2722_4cf6688f5f57e9b814e20663ea1fdaa7.exe

2. MomoMe

MomoMe Boxer

Great news! Finally t he long awaited :) really exciting!! now I have some questions
    1)Is Buildbox Classic 100% compatible with Buildbox 2 so I can open and import and edit old projects created with Buildbox 2!?
    2)Can I still use Buildbox 2 after installing and using Buildbox Classic (i.e. can I install them both without running them in the same time, one on a device and the other one on the other device)!?
    3)Does Buildbox Classic have all templates included in Buildbox 2!?
    4)Will you completely shutdown Buildbox 2 on the launch of Final version Buildbox Classic!? or it will be still accessible?!

Thank you and keep the great effort!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  3. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Thanks for the update.
    - I noticed that the templates have all been updated and are now colored not just black and white.
    - Are there any new features that we should know about? Any list?

Note: I installed, it recognized my login and then asked me to login again. I then closed the software and upon opening again, it asked me to login again... After that things seem to work fine and it no longer asks me to login.

If you guys are still updating the ads, can you please update the ads for Chartboost on IOS?

Thank you

4. Sean Buildbox

1 - Yes, it should be. As always with beta ensure you back up your files prior to opening in a new version but there should be no issues here.

2 - Yes, I would not run them at the same time. But having both installed and either or open is fine.

3 - Yes

4 - All should remain live for the foreseeable future ;)

No problem :)

Marclb likes this.
  5. Sean Buildbox

Yes all templates have been updated.

There is not a change log for the Beta currently, we will have one for official launch. Right now it essentially operates the same way as BB2 except we not only added tons of new templates, but we refined and polished what already was working well in BB2 so our creators, you, can have a code-less journey into 2D game design.

Email support@buildbox.com if any login issues persist. Chartboost for BB2 on iOS is on our list to do, yes :)

Marclb likes this.
  6. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Does this mean that B Classic will replace B2 in future ? Most importantly, will B2 games be compatible with Classic? Thanks

7. Marclb

Marclb Boxer

Thanks @Sean Buildbox . I really appreciate the reply.

It would be great if these adntworks were also available for BB3. The instructions for integrating other adnetworks in BB3 are vague and a full example would be great to have. Ironsource is completely useless in my experience and Admob has its issues with constant claims of invalid clicks and zero human support.

8. Sean Buildbox

No problem!

While I can say it's unlikely for us to import all of the BBClassic ad networks into BB3 I can say we have some immediate plans to streamline and improve ad network integration in both pieces of software. We'll have more news soon ;)

volcank likes this.
  9. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

At last it has come. I downloaded the version and immediately noticed it loads faster, but what changes have actually been made exactly ?

10. Sean Buildbox

Right now it essentially operates the same way as BB2 except we not only added tons of new templates, but we refined and polished what already was working well in BB2 so our creators, you, can have a code-less journey into 2D game design.

11. peter_weiss

peter_weiss Boxer

Will there be a separate payment plan when the final version of Buildbox Classic is available as i don't need Buildbox 3?

12. Sean Buildbox

I can't comment on potential pricing changes, but we're always evaluating ways to offer Buildbox Classic and Buildbox 3 to as many creators and as flexible as possible.

13. Hussamhay

Hussamhay Boxer

Hi, I am a subscriber to a paid plan bb2 and bb3I tried to transfer my game to this version Buildbox Classic 2.21.1 and everything was working here. Do I need to subscribe here too?

14. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

I have tested it and so far I hardly notice any changes. Had thought that at least some innovations come. As I see it, you have only made the code a little clean. It seems to me that it crashes less and is faster. Are there any new features or even improvements in Buildbox Classic? I hope updates will come a little faster this time.

king-hamdo likes this.
  15. king-hamdo

king-hamdo Boxer

unfortunately nothing new. i was hoping that bbx 2 will take a new step forward but nothing new.

16. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

[​IMG]
    But there is one innovation. I can no longer remove the Buildbox logo even though I have the Pro version. :(

17. vvfg

vvfg Boxer

If I purchase buildbox pro version. Will I get bb3 and bb Classic both... or bb3 and bb2

18. vvfg

vvfg Boxer

Is it really there.. Means we cannot remove the bb logo from screen and add our custom logo

19. Sean Buildbox

Unsure what exactly the question is here. If you have an active, valid BB2 license it should transfer to BBClassic no problem. If you see any issues please reach out to support@buildbox.com and we'll be more than happy to assist.

This is removable when I attempt. If you have a file where you cannot please send it in ASAP so we can help diagnose what the issue is while in Beta as a Pro account should be able to remove this or override it no problem.

Hussamhay likes this.
  20. Sean Buildbox

Have you tried place your own logo/image over it?

Hussamhay likes this.