Buildbox And Ios 14 Idfa Privacy Changes

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by deborahjmossman, Apr 5, 2021.

1. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Hi,

I just found this article that Tiana Crump wrote and I had some questions about it. Is your tracking game analytics, ad analytics and user downloads for Buildbox 2 as well? Because in the article you tell us how to opt out in Xcode but I can't find that code in Buildbox 2. If you are can you please post how to opt out for Buildbox 2.

Article: https://www.buildbox.com/blog-how-to-prepare-for-ios-14-idfa-privacy-changes/

@Sean Buildbox

Thanks so much:)

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey @deborahjmossman !

The IDFA does apply to BB2. AOBSessionReporting does apply to BB2 as well, but we don’t do ad impression reports, just session reports.

3. Sean Buildbox

In BB2, for XCode you just need to comment out/delete lines 23 and 45 in AppDelegate.mm :)

4. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Wow. I was not aware that Buildbox collects data using our games . I have not seen this mentioned anywhere before nor did I agreed to it. And they don't even share it with us lol. Game devs privacy matters too...buildbox.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  5. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Thank you @Sean Buildbox for answering my question, I just want to make sure that if I delete those two lines that there is no other tracking as I am stating that I am "not collecting any data" when I fill out iOS privacy policy and I know on the article that I noted above there were several things that had to be filled out in iOS's new privacy policy.

6. Sean Buildbox

Yes, deleting those two lines currently you will be fine :)

It is agreed to in the ToS with Buildbox. As stated from article linked in the OP: We first want to cover our approach to privacy in general. Our very simple philosophy is this: we won’t collect any data that we don’t need to run our business or add value to you, the creator. And anything we do collect, we protect with encryption and other security best-practices. More specifically, we will never even collect personally identifying information (PII) unless it’s absolutely necessary. A really good example of this is your account with Buildbox. We only collect your email address to have an account with us. Any other data we collect, as in payment information, is handled by third-party platforms, which we securely transmit, and never store copies of that information.

TL;DR: We only track things to assist our creators find opportunities. There's nothing nefarious going on but if you wish to opt out the instructions are also within the same article on how to opt out ;)

33Shox likes this.
  7. deborahjmossman

deborahjmossman Boxer

Thanks so much!!

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  8. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

I understand. I agreed to it just by using Buildbox... Well, at least now there's an article about It and instructions on how to opt out. Better late than never ;)