New Buildbox 2.3.11 Update!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Oct 2, 2020.

1. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Understandable. Looking forward to that
    Thanks for the quick reply :D

Hue Buildbox and Sean Buildbox like this.
  2. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Looking forward to the next update with the AdMob SDK GMA fix for iOS :)

Sean Buildbox and Hue Buildbox like this.
  3. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Eventually the long-awaited update will come or again just a fix. ;)

ramiucef likes this.
  4. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

not only that, the update will comply with the App Tracking Transparency requirements too

ramiucef and Sean Buildbox like this.
  5. Milania

Milania Boxer

Непонятно, какие требования
    [QUOTE = "DariusGuerrero, post: 104074, member: 57245"] не только это, обновление также будет соответствовать требованиям прозрачности отслеживания приложений [/ QUOTE]
    It is not clear what the requirements are.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2021
  6. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Ok, when that update is coming :)
    @Sean Buildbox

7. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Nobody knows and this is the question that interests everyone and has for months. ;)

8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

And update that addresses IDFA and SDK updates is imminent and is currently going through testing to be clear ;)

33Shox, itzonator, Jaro and 2 others like this.
  9. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

Sean, I assume you are referring to BB 2, because it appears BB3 update for this is already out? Any time frame for BB2?

10. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

I hope the update will be released this week ?

HG-2018 likes this.
  11. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

No chance I wait 7 months ... ;)

Milania likes this.
  12. BoxerErik

BoxerErik Administrator Staff Member

Yep, Sean is referring to BB2. The team is working very hard to get this update released very soon.

HG-2018 likes this.
  13. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

What can we do? :( . Unfortunately, unfulfilled promises is the norm around here.

Milania likes this.
  14. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

When can we finally expect an update or a reboot as promised many months ago? I actually wanted to delete my account, but somehow it keeps grabbing me. Only when it takes forever again and it's just another update that only contains small things do I ask myself why I should continue to pay. What exactly do you do or how will everything look? In the video of the new CEO it was always said that there will be a reboot and Buildbox 2 (2D) will be redone but the old projects can be carried over. So far, there is hardly any information or any dates have been set. There is only talk of it coming soon. If I told my son to clean his room and he answered "Soon", his room would never be clean. ;) Something should finally come soon or the function in Buildbox 3 should be better in 2D.

33Shox likes this.
  15. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Where I would be happy is if the games worked better on Android. The problems are hardly with Apple but with Android the games are often slower.

16. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

That new CEO email we got in August last year saying they will relaunch bb2 is the reason I started making another game in buildbox and it was what kept me around this engine. I really believed him but then he proved himself to be just another corporate talking head. sad

Milania likes this.
  17. Milania

Milania Boxer

They value box 3 more, they don't give a damn about box 2 Promises are already bored Yes, and one beta version, only one fixes And most importantly, we write to them, they read and do not answer us

18. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Oh, you have no idea what's going behind the scenes... Anyway, let's keep waiting to an update but until then... Let me know what are you looking for? What do you guys wanna achieve that's currently unachievable on bb2?

19. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

When I read something like that again I have to get upset again. It is a request how far the promises are. It was promised that there is a relunch and this not only in a few months, but soon. This is not about things that would not be possible because I and like some others pay money for it. I also pay for other things and expect a certain support and assistance. If I don't pay for something, like some here who use a free version of buildbox, I can't expect that either. I have been here for a few years and know how it is. If you can't keep promises, please don't make them. I have no problem with things changing, only then buildbox 3 should also support buildbox 2 templates and that 100 percent. I don't have to have another discussion with you, where I don't feel like it. The question was for the buildbox team alone.

If I didn't have to pay anything for it I wouldn't care, but some people pay money for it. If I would not deliver a year of work, I also get no money. ;)

20. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Alright, let me get this out first,

I'm on started to pay for buildox mid tire since 2018 and now I'm on a pro subscription for more than 1/5 years now. So yeah I understand you and I know what you say. I was asking what you want so I can try to build it into BB3 and open a new gate for all of you with or without any extra fees.

The thing is that I've seen so many BB2 Pro users that they know what they do and master the engine asking for something in return/ WE;; I guess I wanna sacrifice 2 hours of my free time to make sure that this will eventually (based on my knowledge and power) become true.

What I meant about "you have no idea" is the fact that in this type of service ofter you have to refactor and rewrite the same code in different ways to make it scalable. This part results in stagnation in results and a huge boost when this part is done. I'm not sure what BB team is doing but I can bet that they are doing something under the hood.

now, To be clear, I'm frustrated that they released 3.3.8 even though I said in beta that is not ready or the fact that BB2 did not got a release in ages but things happen, some are good and some are bad.

Note: I'm a QC engineer with more than 5 years of experience in different areas of testing both automation and manual from mobile to web and native apps. So I know when things are ready or not ready for release, but that does not save me any penny from my annual payment that I have to do when the receipt expires.