In App Purchases Not Being Consumed

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by Pandzzz, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Does the node work in preview mode? Like if you link a log to the output of the node is that triggered?

It might be something that is related to the purchase node or to the android export. I haven't set stuff as of yet but this info can be useful to understand it before I get home.

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Hello! if you have no received a reply from support yes, please send me a private message with the issue and email address that you sent your message from. Thank you.

3. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad-NY.

The software crashes if you try it in preview mode. I already told Buildbox this too. My buildbox also crashes when the RAM usage hits 3000Mb even though I have about 20Gb of free RAM available. The bug report says "invalid access to memory location" so I think its something to do with the programs coding and its memory allocation. I already lodged this with Buildbox too. Hopefully they can fix both issues soon.

4. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

So I finally got round to checking whether this was working in 3.3.8 and unfortunately its still not working. I don't think this is ever going to get fixed...clearly its not a high priority to Buildbox and I've been getting the good old silence treatment again.

Such a shame.

5. chris15smile

chris15smile Boxer

Last email I received on the 18th of December, was Erik would let me know as soon as he hears from the developers.

6. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Thats a long wait lol. Im giving up on this. Will probably move to another software at some point. Doubt I will renew my subscription with Buildbox. There's just not enough support. :(

Milania likes this.
  7. Milania

Milania Boxer

And I, too, am waiting for the decision of purchases and silence while also upset Uv. Developers help us solve this problem purchases are made but coins are not added

8. Milania

Milania Boxer

Developers, let's solve the problem of how to make purchases in buildbox 2, the purchase is made but the coins are not added Why don't you answer me and ask for help in discord and write about help on the forum and ignore everything

9. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Alright so lets fix this issue and break the silence, before I start my investigation please tell me again what version of Buildbox do you use and what are you trying to achieve at this point? And hows your local setup is done so far?

I don't like the silence and I feel I've seen enough already so I want to help

There are two ways of purchasing:
    1. via Purchase button on UI
    2. via Purchase Node

which one did you use?
    can you share your setup via screenshots or bbdocs?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2021
  10. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

Thanks for the response. :). Im currently using v3.3.8. I will attach a screenshot of my purchase node tonight.

Basically, here is what im trying to do.

1. I created an object in the UI screen to be a button that says "Buy 10 Lives" as an example. I used the purchase node in the monetization section of the object node list. This node has an "enabled" input point and an "End" output point. I set up the object so that when someone clicks the object, the purchase node is activated and the store ID is called. Once the purchase is successful, the "End" output should be triggered which would lead into a "Send" node and a "variable" node to increase the lives variable by 10 and send a trigger event to display a "Success" message.
    2. I created a consumable purchase item in my google developer account that matches the store ID i entered for the purchase node. I also made sure the item was in the ACTIVE state.
    3. I then test the system by uploading my finished app (after adding the permissions to the manifest in android studio including the billing one) and clicking the object in the actual game.
    4. At this point, the item is successfully found and google requests payment (Im using a test credit card from google). I purchase the item successfully but neither the variable or send nodes are activated after purchase success.
    5. The item remains unconsumed so if I try to press the object again, the error message "you already own this item" comes up and I cannot repurchase it.

So Im pretty sure there is something wrong in the coding that communicates to consume the item from the playstore to the app. I dont know if this is something that needs to be fixed in Buildbox's "system.purchase()" function or android's billing code.

Hope that helps explain everything.

Regards
    Andy

Vlad-NY and Milania like this.
  11. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Can you please replace the purchase node with this and see if it works? I'm just curious if is a bad setup or not and link it directly to the variable and to a logger node to check if is triggered properly

Code:
    function init(){
    }

function update(dt){
    }

let callback = function(){
        component.emitSignal('End', true);
    }

function signal(name, value){
        if(value){
            let storeId = this.attribute('Store Identifier');
            System.purchase( storeId, callback.bind(this) );
        }
    }

12. BoxerErik

BoxerErik Administrator Staff Member

Hi Chris,

Can you send me a follow up email so I can check the status of your request.

Regards
    Erik

13. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Vlad

Sorry, I forgot to upload my screenshot although it looks like its not really needed anymore.

I will give it a try. Every time Ive tried to test the purchase node in Buildbox's preview session it crashes so if it doesnt work I will upload the app to my developer account and try using a live version. If that is the case it will take a couple of days to get back to you as I need to get the app approved by google first. Not sure I cannot connect to the store using android studio or a raw apk file but I can try.

Thanks again. I will let you know how it goes.

Regards
    Andy

Vlad-NY likes this.
  14. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

NO worries just give it a try and see if that works, it's just the beginning of this investigation so no I'm in no rush.

Stay safe! Thanks,
    Vlad

15. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

So I tried the old code and your new code in the preview session of Buildbox and they both worked so that crash bug must have gotten fixed somewhere.

I cannot access the playstore using the app alone so I've uploaded it and once its approved I will let you know if its working.

Regards
    Andy

16. Milania

Milania Boxer

[QUOTE = "Vlad-NY, post: 103771, member: 62043"] НЕ беспокойтесь, просто попробуйте и посмотрите, работает ли это, это только начало этого расследования, так что я никуда не тороплюсь.

Оставайтесь в безопасности! Спасибо,
    Влад [/ QUOTE]
    How to solve this in buildbox 2

17. Milania

Milania Boxer

I don't know what to do a million times I wrote in support I rewrote my game 100 times and no one can explain to me what the problem is

18. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Buildbox 2 works differently than bb3 so there's no easy way of fixing it without crash logs or some type of logs. What I know is that few methods from generated code can be faulty but I can't say for sure which one? I guess we'll have to wait for an update or a weekend to get a chance to investigate this on bb2 as well

19. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Happy to hear that, I'm looking forward for a result :)

Milania likes this.
  20. Milania

Milania Boxer

Yes, I understand everything that buildbox 2 and buildbox 3 are different That everyone can explain and can say you need to read it you need to wait for the update Back in 2018, as I remember and know, there were already problems with purchases after that there was a sea of updates I'm offended not that I can't do it It's a shame that I don't know what the problem is where and what to look for or is it a box or an android studio I redo the game 200 times a day and it's all in vain and no one can help And in support I sent bbdoc a hundred times and that's it a dull mess of some kind Infa is all outdated I will say so the developers are snoring