Need Help In Maze Game

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by bahaa, Jan 29, 2021.

Tags:
  1. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

HI please i am trying my best to fix the size and gameplay of the maze its not working with me i want the following things if possible to be done:
    1) I need the character to be able to enter and normally walk in the the maze and not like Casper the friendly Ghost going through the walls :(

2) walk in side the maze with coins or traps in each section of the maze

3) when reaching the end of the maze safely a congrats you have completed the first level click next to the next level

4) the more level I complete the more harder the traps or enemy that follows or tries to kill the character

5) this is the hardest part i want when i die to complete from the last level i accomplished and not to play from the beginning all over again even if i totally Exit the game and load it again i want the option to continue from where i last finished the level.

Please every one anyone who is smart to help me do it i have been trying all my power for more then 3 month and i am failing in it :( the link of the file is on Dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3l4652bbki283j/need help.zip?dl=0
    Please kindly adjust it for me and make at least 5 levels or 10 levels please its very important for me to learn it please kindly help me and upload it for me to this email if possible to : khozib77@gmail.com

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j3l4652bbki283j/need help.zip?dl=0

2. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

no one wants to help me why?

3. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

You are basically asking someone to build your game for you. It's one thing to ask for help because you're stuck or trying to do a specific thing but no one is going to build a 10 level game for you.
    If you aren't getting help in the forum you can also try discord and submit an email to support@buildbox.com

P.S. - I took a look at your game and you need to learn the basics of buildbox 3. You should start here - https://www.buildbox.com/tutorials-buildbox3/

4. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

Dear Andre thanks for replying to my question yes you are right i should not ask to have 10 level games i am sorry that's wrong to ask my main problem is that i cant fix the scaling of the objects that i am importing like buildings and maze and the second big problem is that my character is going through walls and objects so please can you kindly just fix the size of my buildings and maze and make my character not to be Casper the friendly ghost.
    Thanks in advance and best regards

5. andre_sprs

andre_sprs Serious Boxer

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Alright so first things first, you cannot ask for some help if you did not do your research before. what you need at this point is to take the time and learn the basics and then while you are doing that you may ask around stuff that you don't understand. now to help you with something let me give you some guidelines.

To fix the Chasper ghost thing on your maze you need to select the maze object, on your Start node select the "Physics" to Static, Collision Shape -> Mesh, and Collision Mesh -> Select your object shape similar that you have on 3d model Mesh. This will fix the collisions of all your walls so now you have an actual maze that you can play around with.

for the rest of the issues, you need to invest the time and effort to understand what's what and how you can use it and this can take even years. My research went up for 18 months and I still learn new stuff today. And do I complain about it? No... so please invest the time to understand what you are doing.

Edit: You can see the changes in action just below:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
  7. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

Dear Vlad when i did what you said and followed the steps and still not working let me tell you what happen i mad the physics to static and then it half worked not totally he is not Casper but he cant even go inside the open door of the maze and when i do the remaining steps that you tooled me the mesh part he then returns to Casper again can you please send me the one that you fixed

8. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

dear andre thanks for trying but he can still go to walls :(

9. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Can you please share a screen shot with your start node selected while in node map on the maze object?

10. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

Attached Files:

11. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Please go back to my Initial suggestion post ad do everything that I recomanded there, you're missing some adjustments.

12. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

what i am missing kindly explain please

thanks and best regards

13. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

To fix the Chasper ghost thing on your maze you need to select the maze object, on your Start node select the "Physics" to Static, Collision Shape -> Mesh, and Collision Mesh -> Select your object shape similar that you have on 3d model Mesh. This will fix the collisions of all your walls so now you have an actual mazethat you can play around with.

14. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

Dear Vlad thanks alot finally it worked after following your steps slowly :) but now I have one last problem and its the camera sittings I want it like yours in the video inside the maze zooming behind the player I have playing a lot with the camera sittings and its still not working can you please do me your final help and send me screen shoot of the camera sittings you mad thanks alot and best regards

15. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Just zoom up the camera to be behind the player and set it to follow the characters rotation just behind the Dropdown when you select to follow characters position and you should be ok

16. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

projection setting : perspective
    Position Follow : Character
    Rotation Follow : Non
    filed of view : 10
    Far Render Distance : 20000
    Follow Force : X1 Y1 Z1
    Near Render Distance : 200
    so what exactly should i change please i need it like your video kindly please tell me the sittings

17. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

RotationFollow: Character

18. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

i tried it but the rotations goes so fast every time i move using the key bored its like the maze is going in circles around my head

19. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Just play with the speeds a little bit

20. bahaa

bahaa Boxer

sorry how you play with the speed