The Future Of Buildbox: A Letter To The Community

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Aug 26, 2020.

1. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

OMG! This is great news! At the beginning of the year i was very disappointed to see that bb2 was just going to be thrown away like garbage. Im happy to see all our moaning and complaining of the subject was heard and our ideas taken into serious concideration. Back in march my life took a giant dive my wife left me. TROMA Team shot down our games, my computer took a dive and at the same time my subscription was mysteriously cancelled so i took it as a sign that my time with bb2 was over and i then lost my mind... Oh yeah then all the other worldly stuff happened. But, now im back and lookin to make games again! Heading to a new state and starting over. Im even selling all my collectables just to get things going again hopefully in an even bigger way. I wasnt going to come back buildbox for the simple reason that bb2 was dead. But, i got curious and came by only to find this exciting post!!! So there will be extras added!? Like controller support!? Its own price tag!? Bug fixes!? Updates!? And more!? I can not wait to see the new improved bb2!!! Take my money!!!

33Shox likes this.
  2. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

It will probably be. B2's funeral was soon to take place. It was worth the fight, although the opponent was strong. Hahaha

33Shox likes this.
  3. 33Shox

33Shox Avid Boxer

Sorry to hear about all that. Making games is great to keep your mind busy and also makes you look forward to the future and gives you hope witch is exactly what you need right now. Yeees to controller support

4. MeseFox

MeseFox Boxer

Yessss, the best news ever!
    For me, Buildbox 2 is and remains better than Buildbox 3. I also prefer to create 2d games, not 3d.
    I love Buildbox 2 and look forward to the updates!
    Thank you so much!

5. SpoonCrysis

SpoonCrysis Avid Boxer

any hopes of a release date for buildbox 2? so I can get my android target 29 updates done? Thanks.

6. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

I believe you can do that from Android Studio, no?

7. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

We're working it through QA currently so very soon ;)

8. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Good morning! So im now financially ready to get back into this but am wondering if we can get a little update on when this re-release of bb2 will be coming? Also is there a free virsion of bb2 and last if i get a sub to bb now and switch to just the bb2 sub will my annual payment roll over or will i have to Buy it separately? Oh 1 more is bb2 still offered to new subs? (but i have had one before)

Jaro and 33Shox like this.
  9. Sean Buildbox

I would expect it within first quarter of this year if not sooner. There is not currently a free version. Any Pro subscription bought now will include BB2 currently, we will have more updates and specifics for BB2 only pricing once we have announced it ;)

10. Kevin Cook

Kevin Cook Boxer

I have been using the new beta version of buildbox 3 to create a 2d game. Hopefully their will be some backward capability to open those files in a buildbox 2.

11. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Wait so it's not included with a plus sub?

12. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Buildbox 2 is included if you have any pain subscription and message through to support. however the limitations.

MAC420 likes this.
  13. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Thank you

So excited! Currently waiting to hear back from support.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  14. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Can anyone help me I'm looking for my license key code to activate my BB. I remember when I had BB before there was actually a section you could look at your license and invoices but, it seems that gone now.

15. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

Please follow the below link for more info:
    https://accounts.buildbox.com/profile

Sean Buildbox and MAC420 like this.
  16. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

17. MAC420

MAC420 Avid Boxer

Hello so what's the word on the re-release of BB2? Would like to see a article or a vid on it some time would be cool.

18. Sean Buildbox

There will be an update imminent with SDK updates and IDFA compatibility fixes. The re-release/relaunch will follow that and is in progress now. We'll have more officially on the matter in the way of videos and articles soon ;)

king-hamdo, MAC420 and DariusGuerrero like this.