In App Purchases Not Being Consumed

Discussion in 'In App Purchases' started by Pandzzz, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Everyone

I have In App Purchases set up in my game which all have managed products set up in the Android Developer Console. I have a "test" credit card set up to test the purchases. Currently, the purchases go through and are successful but the item being bought is not actually given to the user nor is the "End" output on the Purchase node activated.

After googling, it all points to the purchase not being consumed but I just dont know how to get this working.

Buildbox support doesn't seem very responsive to my emails so I cant get much help from them. If anyone can help me that would be super appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Andy

2. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi Andy,
    I'll take a look at this issue for you. Can you send me your email address, so I can look up your previous messages?
    If you would like to keep your email address private, you can DM it to me in the Buildbox Discord server to @Hue. https://discord.gg/puBfbD8

Josh (Nology Games) likes this.
  3. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Hue

Thanks for helping. You are an actual legend!

I was emailing buildbox support about another issue I was experiencing and didn't get much response but the last message I sent was pretty much the same as the one in this thread. I was told my emails to "Support@buildbox.com" couldn't be found so I have been messaging one of the admin guys but they were also not really that responsive. Not sure if everyone is super busy or something.

I will copy all the messages I sent and re-send them to you on discord. If you find a solution, I will post it back on this thread so it can help anyone else who comes across it.

4. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Everyone.

Conversations are extremely slow with buildbox support so if anyone else can chip in here and help me out that would be really great!

Thanks again.
    Andy

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Support does get quite busy, so a conversation can be a little tricky to keep at a fast pace with replying back and forth. with that being said, if there is an issue that you are having with the in-app purchase, then we need to ask multiple questions to figure out the issue.

6. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi Josh

I haven't really been asked anything yet. I believe its being looked at currently, but all I know so far is that I have sent some files for them to look at and haven't really heard back from that.

Anyway, I think I should hear back soon but if anyone knew anything in the meantime then it wouldn't hurt :). You don't happen to have any ideas do you (either from a buildbox or android studio point of view)?

7. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

Hi there, I was able to download your bbdoc, but did not get any crashes at all. You posted that you have two graphic cards. Are you sure the Nvidia card is selected and being used for Buildbox. If not you might have to disable the UHD card, so only the Nvidia card is being used. You might be right about there being a memory overload, being that you said this is the only game that's giving you this problem. (w/Crashing) For example, it did not crash when I opened it and tried what you explained. (And I tried even more options to get a crash. Also did not crash while running on an Android device)
    My computer specs are: Windows 10 Enterprise Intel 17-8700K CPU 4.2GHz
    RAM: 32GB DDR4-3000Mhz
    Three screen setup running on a Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
    So, you might have an issue where you would need either more RAM or a better graphics card to work with a game this size.

As far as the In-App-Purchases. Let's start with how the IAP ID's are worded. I would recommend not using symbols or Capitals.
    I also responded to you via Discord. If you can show me the IAP ID's via Discord, we could start there.

8. chris15smile

chris15smile Boxer

Hey

I have just hit this exact same issue, did you find an answer?

Kind Regards

9. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hey chris

Unfortunately the issue is still sitting with the Buildbox team. I believe a ticket has been raised so its being investigated. I have no idea how long it will take however.

Andy

chris15smile likes this.
  10. chris15smile

chris15smile Boxer

Hey Andy

Thank you for getting back to me, I have also contacted support a couple of days ago and just waiting to hear back.

Have you been able to get any In App Purchases to work with Android?

Cheers
    Chris

11. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

FYI I just got off a meeting discussing the IAP Android Consumable issue. We're hoping to have more guidance extremely soon. We appreciate your patience.

12. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Good to know Sean :).

Hopefully it gets resolved. Im in the middle of setting up my apple version of my game so going to test IAP on there soon too.

Regards
    Andy

13. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Oh and to answer your question Chris:

Have you been able to get any In App Purchases to work with Android?

Nope, none of them worked :(

14. chris15smile

chris15smile Boxer

Hey Sean

Is this also affecting BB2 at the moment or just BB3?

Hey Andy

The Apple IAP work a treat, no issues :)
    Thanks for getting back to me.

Kind Regards
    Chris

15. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Ah ok awesome. Im still trying to figure out how to test the IAPs for apple at the moment.

I have my IAPs created but it says I need to submit them with my first build but I dont want to submit a build to the app store yet....I only want to submit a build to the test flight section but cant see any details of IAP there...so just trying to figure it out haha

Regards
    Andy

16. chris15smile

chris15smile Boxer

UPDATE:
    Still no fix as of yet, was very excited to see the 3.3.7 BETA version of the newest update, unfortunately doesn't look like fix is included in the Beta version.

With x-mas being around the corner I don't see anything happening soon.
    I'm hopeful, but also very frustrated that a paid product is not fully doing what it advertises.

A timeframe or some transparency into the problem being faced would help.
    Hearing "soon" is nice but still leaves a burning question of when?

I'm looking forward to hearing something soon

17. hu6ygtrfcd

hu6ygtrfcd Boxer

Привет ребята вы решили свою проблему у меня тоже есть такая проблема перепробовали все и зря покупка сделана но монет не прибавилось написали в те службы и свой проект они скинули чтобы помочь мне решить проблему а там все молчат наверное зажрались уже я заплатил за месяц и деньги просто пошли зря потому что я не могу решить эту проблему за месяц уроки все устарели

Milania likes this.
  18. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

Hi hu6ygtrfcd

Unfortunately there has been no update. I think they are still working on it but with it being Christmas and end of year I doubt we will get a fix until at least mid January.

Regards
    Andy

19. hu6ygtrfcd

hu6ygtrfcd Boxer

Thank you very much Sorry of course I worked hard with the game and in the end such nonsense is not good I wrote them to them in support for a week every day and no one answers me

20. Pandzzz

Pandzzz Boxer

I know its frustrating. Especially when you have paid for a service but Im sure the guys at Buildbox are just super busy. I imagine they have heaps of requests for changes/fixes all the time so they are probably just trying to keep on top of everything. All we can do is wait :(.

Regards
    Andy