Spawn Object On Particular Layer

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by hugsnotthugs, Nov 5, 2020.

1. hugsnotthugs

hugsnotthugs Boxer

Hey guys, I can't seem to find the solution anywhere and other older threads never solved it.

I'm in 2d mode
    I want to spawn an object in between 2 particular layers so that theres something behind it and something in front of it (actual example: so that it looks like its falling into a bowl of which i've split the bowl in half to give it depth). But the spawned object keeps falling on the very front layer.
    I've tried moving the back of the bowl to -3 on Z axis. then the front of the bowl to 1 on z axis and spawned object to -2 but that doesn't seem to work (Also, there are so many different places to show position, i'm not sure which one does what - a link to a tutorial on that if anyone knows??).

Thanks in advance.
    A

2. hugsnotthugs

hugsnotthugs Boxer

anybody? eek

3. hugsnotthugs

hugsnotthugs Boxer

Okay, so i think i've mucked up. I need to build a 3d game even though it's meant to look 2d, then i can control my Z layers. Time to start again! Learnt a lot in the 2d world though so not all is lost.

4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

What buildbox version do you use? BB2 or BB3?

5. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

BB2 & BB3/2D World: You can press the right mouse button to move an object forward or backward.
    BB3 3D World/2D mode: You can select the 'Multitool' ('4' / Top row on the keyboard) and use the 'Depth' icon to move an object in the 'Z' axis.

Josh (Nology Games) and Vlad-NY like this.