About Scene Repetition

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by Shivank660, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Shivank660

Shivank660 Boxer

Actually I'm creating a 3d racing game and don't know deep about buildbox scenes. So firstly, as I created a scene with buildings on both sides and a road in between.
    Now what I want is, that to make those buildings generate themselves on random as soon as the game progresses and also the road continues till infinite/until the player dies.

Edit: For some reason I'm able to achieve the randomise scene which consists of buildings which now collide with each other when I play the game. I hope you guys are able to understand what I meant there.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
  2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

You need to change the start and end scene axis. If you look in your scene editor you should see them around the bottom. Basically what’s happening is that the actual scene is smaller than the stuff you’ve placed in the scene.

3. Shivank660

Shivank660 Boxer

As you can see in this image, now I’ve generated a same random structure of buildings in scene 1 and now I want to make sure when the game runs and as I add more scenes the "buildings generate endlessly without colliding with each other” and to achieve that do I have to add the building structures as I add more scenes. Please let me know how to achieve that or please answer back on the forums I’ve asked my question.

And can you please explain in a little bit more in detail. Screenshot 2020-10-30 at 4.17.13 PM.png

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

In the screenshot that you sent, you can see in the second side bar there is to objects. [start] and [finish].
    You would need to extend these past the buildings, it’s also recommended that you do the same with the road itself. Also, it’s very important that the “[ ] Start” and “[ ] End” are placed on the ends of the road.
    If you need the explanation in more detail check out this video.

5. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

You would have to randomly generate different buildings of the same size for a specific location, otherwise, you'll have this same collision issue. Or allow enough space between buildings, which might not look as good look as good.