Buildbox 3.3.4 Is Officially Live!

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey Boxers!

We've just released Buildbox 3.3.4! This update focused on improving the software's quality and ease of use by addressing previous bugs and making necessary fixes.

We appreciate all the suggestions and feedback that we receive. Over the next couple of weeks we will be rolling out a new feature to let you submit bugs you experience as well as new feature ideas you have so we can improve our products to better meet your needs.

In the meantime, if you find any issues, please send them in to support@buildbox.com with all pertinent details ASAP so we can get them documented and corrected.

You may update within the app or by using the direct links below:

macOS: https://download.buildbox.com/build...3.4-3992_f44a87823d87587f16cb64e3b2420349.zip

Windows
    : https://download.buildbox.com/build...3.4-3992_7d80358a25b6f71972f98c67d8999cf4.exe

What's New in Buildbox 3.3.4

• New asset names and descriptions for all 2D and 3D assets in the Asset Library.

• Searchable tags to assets in the asset library.

Changelog:

Added: New asset names and descriptions for all 2D and 3D assets in the Asset Library

Added: Searchable tags to assets in the Asset Library

Fixed: 3D World Asset Library preview display

Fixed: Adding the same asset from Asset Library disables the second asset

Fixed: User is unable to drag any button in the OutLiner to the top

Fixed: Misspelled words on Helper

Fixed: Asset panel doesn't reflect changes when the arrow key is pressed

Fixed: Inappropriate title spacing on the 3D Asset Delivery TruckA_M_DefaultPortrait in the Asset Library

Fixed: Level Point renamed to Path Point

Fixed: Dragging a PNG image on the Drop Wheel in the Character section creates an Object instead of a character

Fixed: Incorrect grammar in the Home screen's Updates tab when a new version of Buildbox becomes available

Fixed: Missing and unclear 3D smart asset descriptions

Fixed: Confirmation window appears after selecting a node name in the node category panel and pressing Delete

Fixed: Asset Panel icons does not update after changing an asset's color in the Scene Editor

Fixed: Asset is completely removed after dragging it from the Asset Panel to the Scene Editor and pressing delete

Fixed: Crash occurs after right-clicking inside any of the fields in the Create an Account Manually section

Fixed: Step Roto Move brainbox vibrates the asset instead of rotating it

Fixed: Crash occurs after previewing a game with certain node setups

Fixed: Crash occurs after removing the Subscenes from FBX assets and previewing

Fixed: A JS Error occurs after pausing and unpausing the Preview

Fixed: Rotating a 3D asset's local axis changes the asset's position

Fixed: Crash occurs after closing the Preview window

Fixed: Crash occurs after a character collides with a moving object

Fixed: Crash occurs when using Haptic feedback on an iPhone 6S or earlier.

Fixed: Crash occurs after pressing the play button while minimized.

Fixed: Crash occurs after canceling a BBAsset import

Fixed: Crash occurs after adding an asset to the Asset attribute of a Trail 3D node, pinning the attribute, and undoing

Fixed: Duplicating a scene in a 2D World adds Character Assets to the new scene

Fixed: Crash occurs after trying to drag a recently deleted asset from the Asset panel to the Scene Editor

Fixed: Replacing an Animation image in a 2D asset does not update in any of the editors

Fixed: Crash occurs after adding an asset to the scene editor, duplicating it, then manipulating it while navigating in the Scene Editor

Fixed: Collision shapes do not show up correctly in the Preview window's debug mode

Fixed: A character can move through the side of other asset's with collision shapes

Fixed: Crash occurs after deleting an asset from the Scene Editor or Outliner while collision mode is active

Fixed: Crash occurs after previewing an asset that spawns another asset and changes color continuously

itzonator, Leighton, Sylv MEZ and 6 others like this.
  2. shepaldo

shepaldo Boxer

I hate to ask - does BB2/BB3 work with mac OS Big Sur yet?

3. Sylv MEZ

Sylv MEZ Boxer

Thank you to the whole team for this update full of new features.

Will it be possible to be able to import a GLB file in future updates of Buildbox as is the case now for FBX files?

THANK YOU

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox does this build addressed the known Android issue? :)

5. kwinchi

kwinchi Boxer

"Fixed: Replacing an Animation image in a 2D asset does not update in any of the editors "
    it doesnt update in the little icon on tabs
    great update tho ! very excited for what's coming next

6. Sean Buildbox

We are working on compatibility checks for Big Sur but cannot guarantee compatibility just yet.

GLB file support is not currently planned at this time.

If speaking about Android optimization we are still working on that but this build does not address that specifically, no.

Hue Buildbox and Sylv MEZ like this.
  7. SpawnP

SpawnP Boxer

@Sean Buildbox could you please specify as which version of xcode is compatible with buildbox 3.3.4 as I have tried to make few changes in our current game using buildbox 3.3.4 but some how while compiling in xcode I got stuck as loading screen ....

[PTPlayer] - Screen On Enter: Start (lldb) (in xcode log)

But if we use the previous version of buildbox i.e. 3.3.3 then everything runs smoothly, so why am I facing this issue with current version of buildbox ?

So if you could let me know supported xcode & mac osx version that supports buildbox 3.3.4 then it would really help to push updates on our current game.

8. Sean Buildbox

xCode 12.0.1 should be good. Which iPhone/iOS is the currently on? The team is currently investigating an issue with iPhone 6 and the latest updates currently

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  9. SpawnP

SpawnP Boxer

Thanks @Sean Buildbox for quick reply, well I am using iphone X running ios ver 12.1.2

Also to test our game we are using buildbox 3.3.3 & xcode 11.7 GM edition to compile our game.

10. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

@Sean Buildbox Unfortunately both the versions BB 3.3.3 and 3.3.4 gets crashed at at beginning. Tried multiple times but stucked badly. Is there something we can do to fox that?

11. Sean Buildbox

Which iOS version?

12. Sean Buildbox

Have you tried the latest xCode?

13. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

The xcode version is Version 11.5 (11E608c)

14. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Hi @Sean Buildbox

Thank you for this build. Downloading this now only I am working on a previous build which is 3.3.4 and I realised when randomizing scenes in a world that world comes to an end at the end. Not like before as you know Buildbox was repeating all the scenes randomly with an endless gameplay. Now I like created new scenes by duplicating the start scene a few times and no matter what I do either allign scenes or randomize scenes the level comes to an end. Like the character goes to the edge and it somehow restarts again. Is that normal? I mean it the buildbox taking out endless gameplay right now? Thanks

15. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Oh I realised I am using the latest version lol! I guess I had updated it internally! Yes that problem I mentioned above is occurring right now. @Sean Buildbox Thanks.

16. Sean Buildbox

Please update and try the newest xCode, believe this should resolve your issue.

We did not remove anything here to my knowledge. Can you DM the file over? Or is this reproducible within a template?

volcank likes this.
  17. volcank

volcank Serious Boxer

Yes funny enough just tested one of my old games with random world it was working fine. I will check again and see where I am missing things. Will get back to you later if I can not solve. Thank you @Sean Buildbox

18. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

If you are using some path movement and paths than yes, the expected behavior on the paths is to run all the scenes then reset to the end of the start scene.... if you are using normal scenes and fixed movement (aka move nodes) than we have the following scenarios:
    - Aligned scenes: they run in order and when it's done the object moves on a empty scene
    - Random scenes: they run in random order including the possibility to run the same scene one after another with no empty scenes or spaces if setup correctly. This give you that infinite mode feeling

volcank and Sean Buildbox like this.
  19. bmsingha

bmsingha Serious Boxer

Yes tried as well, xcode version 11.7. Still same issue persists

20. Jaro

Jaro Avid Boxer

Use the latest Xcode. If you plan to add ads and publish the game, for iOS 14 you must use Xcode 12. It is a pity to waste time testing with older versions.

bmsingha likes this.