Explosion At Impact Point

Discussion in 'How Can I...?' started by JSeeger6, Sep 19, 2020.

1. JSeeger6

JSeeger6 Avid Boxer

With the "Debris Explosion" node, it replaces the current object and spawns this new explosion object at the center of where the old object was. Is it possible to have an explosion that occurs at the point of impact and breaks apart the object instead of replacing it with the exploding debris? I suppose this would be more of a "break" than an explosion then!

Hue Buildbox likes this.
  2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

You have to have the object pre broken into small pieces to achieve this in buildbox. I don't think mesh split is implemented yet but I might be wrong

JSeeger6 likes this.
  3. Hue Buildbox

Hue Buildbox Administrator Staff Member

You can use the If Collide node > Debris Explosion, but you would need to create an object that looks like half of the original and place it in the Asset section of the Debris Explosion settings. Total amount wound be '2'.
    If there's a left & right side then use two Debris Explosion nodes and when placing the half object in the asset sections, one will have to be flipped. Then of course the Total amount would be '1' on both Debris Explosion nodes. ;)

JSeeger6 likes this.
  4. JSeeger6

JSeeger6 Avid Boxer

Interesting! Thank so much for that advice. I suppose you also could create those two-halves of the object and use If Collide > Spawn, and spawn both those pieces as dynamic bodies? Same idea I think? Thanks again!