Buildbox 3d Viewport Bad Performance

Discussion in 'Buildbox 3.0' started by CHAF, Apr 6, 2020.

1. CHAF

CHAF Boxer

2. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

OK so here's the deal, I have the same issue in a assus that was created 12 or 13 years ago. The video chip is so old that it barely supports OpenGL 2. The game engine is written in c++ and its based on the cocos2d engine.

Why the above things matters. As time goes by the amount of features added and the technology investment will require modern pc and huge performance improvements plus a lot of gpu power.

I'll say that you did the right way that you reach out support team bug don't expect your issues to be fixed on the next update. They are humans not wonder creators.

3. CHAF

CHAF Boxer

That's not a deal for me and not a rush request neither. My imac is: (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) which is not old so I don't see the point in your comparison buddy.
    It's an issue that mostly not a lot a users are having but definitely not a computer performance issue but software related.
    Trying to help the team get a stable/effective piece of software here because I like the tool even if I'm working with Unreal Engine on a daily basis for my job.
    I see a good future for artist developers in this software and being able to use it properly is a starting point.
    Sorry if you consider to have priority requests greater than this one. I'm sure the dev team are more than capable of addressing them in the order they see fit. Again I'm not waiting for this as the next big thing and not expecting it to be solve tomorrow. Just want to reach out and let them know that this issue is still there and not forgotten.

Josh (Nology Games) and Vlad-NY like this.
  4. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

You are a good person, thanks for the reply

5. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

It’s definitely not an issue that will be forgotten. The editing process is very important when it comes to making games and we believe our users should have an easy time when creating games. That’s why we believe in the No Code movement, it changes everything when it comes to development. I think Buildbox has so much potential to dominate the market. Not just for artists, but for all creators. As it is, when you compare the creation times on two similar games, Buildbox is faster. This is what gives it so much potential and why I personally believe in Buildbox as a whole.

CHAF and Vlad-NY like this.
  6. Dmitry

Dmitry Boxer

hey guys, i have the same problem on imac 2017 5k retina, is there a solution or not? I use textures for some blocks to scale them.

7. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Textures are the root course of this. there is a simple quick fix, for the time being. You need to scale down your textures/objects in the node map and scale them up in the world.

CHAF likes this.
  8. CHAF

CHAF Boxer

The case is on their list of fixes to do. I made a bug report and Hue, from the support team, was very helpful with the issue and we should expect an eventual update.

9. blackiyto

blackiyto Boxer

I'm using an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017) and I'm experiencing really bad performance with Buildbox 3D Free version in the Scene Editor when adding 3d elements in a scene.

snaptub vidmate word to pdf

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
  10. CHAF

CHAF Boxer

This issue is reported and the support team told me that they will eventually fix it. Meanwhile you can use very small textures it help for this problem.

Dmitry likes this.