Buildbox 2 Will Be "re-released "!

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by ramiucef, Aug 26, 2020.

1. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Great news, Buildbox team is releasing BB2 :)

Check the latest blog to get to know more about the future plans of Buildbox :
    The Future of Buildbox: A Letter to the Community

Everybody loves and still using Buildbox 2 as a tool made towards creating 2D games very easily;
    BB2 is by far the most accurate representation of a drag and drop, #nocode engine; in fact, till this very day, BB2 helped to create more games than any other version of Buildbox, and still many users are looking up to create more 2D games by using the functions that suit their creative ideas without having to be forced to use a different version of BB and rebuild their games from scratch.

Now many developers who are focused on 2D in BB2 are going to get further support to keep updating their work, creating new games, and at the same time help to improve Buildbox 2d as a drag and drop software that keeps the process fun, easy and smooth.

The community hoped to see BB2 continue as a stand-alone 2D software, and the Buildbox team listened!
    I'm sure many people here are very grateful for this smart decision, Thank you! ;)

2. adrianjgomez

adrianjgomez Boxer

I for one that is happy. I don't have BB3 game. All my current games are BB2. I have little interest in building 3D games.

ramiucef likes this.
  3. king-hamdo

king-hamdo Boxer

great news to hear.... i am so excited to see a big step forward, i hope that the 2d version back with more options and collision technique instead off rectangle or circle, i hope seeing the multiplayer options and buttons for different bullet, i hope seeing option that can let the main character changes (size, form, or setting ) totally in the game like mario.

ramiucef likes this.
  4. browndalmatian

browndalmatian Boxer

I came here to say THANK YOU for this!! I have been trying to work with BB3, and while I do like it and think it's got a lot to offer (a lot!), it's just not as good as BB2 for a lot of the 2d stuff I've been doing. Additionally, I was concerned about the IOS 14+/Transparency Framework and Admob, and worried we would be stuck without an update to fix this. Knowing BB2 is going to continue to be supported has given me a lot of peace of mind. THANKS BB TEAM! :)

5. browndalmatian

browndalmatian Boxer

Can't you already change character size? (I haven't tried it but I thought this was doable.)