Buildbox Pricing Reduction Request

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by smmsud, Jul 20, 2020.

1. smmsud

smmsud Boxer

Hi all. I was thinking if anyone also think like me. May be 100 or 150$ less for the buildbox pro plan?
    350 or 300 is quite attractive for a year to be honest. let me know what do you guys think?

Nino and redhouanee like this.
  2. mohamed awad

mohamed awad Avid Boxer

as we are customers, we wish price become 0$,
    but anyway, buildbox is a company that wants to make profits in order to remain in existence and earn of course,
    you simply ask them to reduce earns 35% or 40% percent, that will kill buildbox forever I guess
    you can't just ask someone to give you 40% from his earns very simply
    maybe you can if it was a specific price and increased or free plan become more limited
    as I said above "as we are customers, we wish price become 0$" - But this is in dreams

redhouanee likes this.
  3. sueraali

sueraali Boxer

The first thing we expect from New CEO Mike Seavers is that he changes the wage policy. It should be cheaper and competitive. Different and more customizable packages should be offered.

4. jcalle

jcalle Miniboss Boxer

I believe that BB's price is currently correct, they have made many offers, they have offered the Software totally free, they have even given away 100% functional games.
    People who complain now, simply have not known how to take advantage of the purchase opportunity or have not discovered the software until now.
    It is a software with a high price, but we must also bear in mind that we can obtain very good results in a very short time, time is priceless, with BB you can learn very quickly, while with other programs, you have to learn for years to be able to make 1 game.
    The only thing BB can do is offer discounts for early payments or annual plans like before.
    You also have to see the offers they offer, for example Master Collection 2 was a great offer for many people.

5. Pheartok

Pheartok Boxer

The Plus tier is priced reasonably I think. $ 20 a month is not bad. Take a month or two and get a decent game going, it could pay for itself.

6. 721c63e946

721c63e946 Boxer

If you purchase Buildbox Pro you can request a Buildbox 2 key from support along with your Buildbox 3 key

7. 721c63e946

721c63e946 Boxer

It is a software with a high price, but we must also bear in mind that we can obtain very good results in a very short time, time is priceless, with BB you can learn very quickly

8. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

Come on, Its a great Pricing :). We had days of $2500+ to make games !!

Nihat likes this.
  9. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

I was paying $99 USD a month at one point, and I still think that was a good deal.

Jaro, Nihat and rizwanashraf like this.
  10. ramiucef

ramiucef Avid Boxer

Maybe if you ask for only Buildbox 2, it's still a good piece f software and requested by many people, so perhaps they can offer it for a very low price and take a shortcut instead of paying for BB 3d in order to get access to bb2

11. Nino

Nino Boxer

I bought a year of the pro for $300 when the sale came, thinking they were going to constantly add more nodes and be more continuous on updates because the game engine is pretty new. Turned out to be a waste, I developed a very simple game, very low poly, but would lag like crazy in the engine for some reason, couldn’t even imagine what sort of performance it would’ve had if I published it. I had ask for a refund because of the terrible performance and because of my stupidity not doing my research and unfortunately was declined twice. Haven’t used it since the second month I purchased it. I transferred to unreal engine and I’m not sure why I never did before, it’s more complex so there’s a bit more learning but you could make a AAA game if you wanted to, they are completely free (until you make over 1m) and have a massive asset library and have quixel (free if using it with their engine) for textures that top companies use as in the new lion king. Haven’t had any issues with my games performance either. They offer their servers for free as well so you can make a multiplayer game completely free with only paying the Apple, Google, Xbox, PS4 fee to publish it. Build Box may have potential but it’ll be years before you’ll be able to make anything decent with it at their current pace. Not sure why they haven’t tripled the nodes by now even if there was only one dev working on it. Or improved performance and lighting. I’m curious why you can’t even create your own custom variables and use “if” in build box, seems like some of the most basic things for any type of scripting.