Buildbox 3.3.3 Build #3931 Beta With Android Api 29

Discussion in 'Official Announcements' started by Sean Buildbox, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Hey there Boxers!

Hope you've been well. Today we are releasing the Beta for Buildbox 3.3.3. This build is primarily to update the Android export's default setting to API Level 29 to better harmonize with the Google Play Store's recent changes.

As is with any Beta release please ensure making a backup of any important projects prior to opening and saving them in the new build.

If you find any bugs or issues please send them into support@buildbox.com with all pertinent details ASAP so we can get them documented and corrected. Your feedback is always highly valued to make Buildbox the best product possible. Below are the links to the Beta:

Links:

macOS: https://download.buildbox.com/build...3.3-3931_1f11d1b688098fd69dcb68ee7aefec6a.zip

Windows
    : https://download.buildbox.com/build...3.3-3931_dd469e8ffc4a68a46523a1c814de6903.exe

Known Issues in Build:
    • Martian Marathon Preset on EXE export may experience speed and sound issues
    Thank you once again. We plan to announce and have updates with more good stuff very soon ;)

2. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

3. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

That's a FXB issue that was introduced in 3.3.2 but I did not manage to reproduce it on 3.3.3 beta but I do not say it is fixed yet. I need to try another flows for this specific issue. If you have some steps to reproduce it that would help the support team so much. Please send a report to support@buildbox.com or even share your bbdoc if you reproduce it on 3.3.3 beta

4. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I did send it to Sean back on April, 2020, sent BBDOC + all the steps to reproduce the issue. @Sean Buildbox and the team is aware of it. This issue relates to ALL games exported to Android, no matter the setup. That's why I am asking if this is addressed and fixed in this latest beta.

Vlad-NY likes this.
  5. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

@Vlad-NY Here are the steps to reproduce:

<Defect>
    Game display abnormally after opening and closing multi window
    (On Galaxy Fold: issue also occurs when folding/unfolding device and opening multi window)

<Procedure>
    1. Execute app
    2. 'Launch' > play game
    3. Open multi window > check game screen
    3. Close multi window > check game screen (Game still get issue when re-execute)

<Expected Result>
    Game should play normally after opening and closing multi window
    <Test Device Info>
    Detected Device: SM-T860, SW Version: T860XXU1BTD1

Tablet Galaxy (WQXGA WXGA),Premium Galaxy (QXGA)

6. Vlad-NY

Vlad-NY Serious Boxer

OK I got it, thank you for the info. Would you be so kind to send me a DM with the steps on how to reproduce it? I want to keep an eye on it for now

7. itzonator

itzonator Serious Boxer

I just did, @Sean Buildbox have told me back on April that's a known issue and they are working on it, but it is deep and not easy to fix. Can you confirm if that's happening?

8. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Touching back base on this as the team has been on work on this progressively since it was reported. To my knowledge it is not resolved yet, as stated prior it is very complex issue.

9. fabio pasculli

fabio pasculli Boxer

i have some problem to open it on mac, when i open says that the file is damaged and is impossible to open

10. riclicbb

riclicbb Boxer

Hi Sean, hope you are well. I'm using an iMac Pro running MacOS 10.15.6. with an external display. When I preview the game and drag the preview window to the secondary display, it annoyingly disappears. I have to go back to the main display and jostle Buildbox's application window, and only then the preview windows appears on the secondary display. I'm running BB 3.3.3.