Point And Click Adventure Game Possible?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by APixelApart, Aug 6, 2020.

1. APixelApart

APixelApart Boxer

Would it be possible to create a point & click adventure game like let's say Monkey Island in Buildbox? With similar UI and functionality?

Thanks in advance :)

2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

It is definitely possible, but it will most likely require a bit of coding at the moment. You could always jump in our discord and ask in the appropriate channels for any help with this matter. Though, it in important to note that it would likely require the use of multiple nodes. The first tip would to to try and break down the steps that you think are in it to work.

A pathfinding set up maybe all that is needed. While I have not done it myself, it should be able to see where you point and click, to work out of it needs to move up, down left or right. Then that would be connected to a phew different move nodes.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2020
  3. APixelApart

APixelApart Boxer

Thank you for the encouraging reply. I'll join the Discord.

Could you elaborate on what multiple app is?

4. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

Sorry about that, it was meant to say multiple nodes. Hope that clears it up for you.

5. 721c63e946

721c63e946 Boxer

Without a doubt.. this is hands down the best old school adventure game in a long time :) I got the Big Box Edition of this game and it does not disappoint either

6. 721c63e946

721c63e946 Boxer

ps "
    I've been playing bulb boy, lumino city and botanicula and loving them. What other recent gems are out there. They don't need to be DOTT level classics, just decent enough newer games with their own spin on things.