App Store Rejection Madness

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by tonymartz2, Jul 14, 2020.

1. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

Good morning,
    So before I would upload an app and it would sometimes be rejected for what ever reason, I would rey-load it again with NO changes and it would get approved.

Now I have been back and forth with 1 app that keeps getting rejected,
    1st rejection: had to do with the name of the game. so I changed the name and re-uploaded.

2nd rejection was Design 3.4, I removed and edited Brooklyn brawler building that I was using.

3rd rejection design 3.4 same reply, I replied back asking what is it that was not complying with 3.4
    and they reply with the exact same message.
    no reply back for 3 days
    I redo-loaded with new version
    rejected with:
    From Apple
    • 4. 3 Design: Spam
    Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Regarding guideline 4.3, we still found that your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store.

To resolve this issue, it would be appropriate to ensure your app is compliant with all sections of the App Store Review Guidelines and the Terms & Conditions of the Apple Developer Program.

We look forward to reviewing your resubmitted app.

are they taking about same features on my other app or just in general?

hope everyone is staying Covid safe

2. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

Guideline 4.3 can be quite difficult to navigate. Are there any other apps similar to the one you're trying to submit on the App Store? Is the one you're trying to submit like your other game?

This is also a good video to watch:

3. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

would a .mp3 sound like a coin action sound that I use in another app be an issue?

please share tips and tricks because apple is getting really strict
    not at all, all my apps are different, from design to gameplay to mechanics.
    menu icons and gameover are all different too.
    the only thing maybe the coins and sound action of the coin collection..

4. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

I can't see how a sound would make them reject your game. That would be very odd, but try changing it and see if that makes a difference.
    I think Apple might have thought your game is too similar to something that already exists. Are there lots of games in its category? This is a tricky one but you'll get there.

5. spicedbeangames

spicedbeangames Miniboss Boxer

I have had this from apple a lot last year to the point where I just gave up. I recently submitted my game Balloon Rider and it was rejected for the same reasons. I have a feeling they are trying hard to clamp down on free games, as it's a huge slice of money that Apple get zero revenue from. I would request a call back and speak with the clown who reviewed your game

Sean Buildbox and Mothy9999 like this.
  6. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

That's a good point

7. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Avid Boxer

i doubt that part as they have a human reviewer for it. do you have a preview of the game to show?

@spicedbeangames did you get around to publishing balloon rider?

Sean Buildbox likes this.
  8. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

My plan was to release the game with 3 worlds and then add a new world every 2 weeks for the player to master and to have new challenges therefor keep the retention up, but at this point this seems imposible.

9. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

what about doing in-app purchase? wandering if that would help, I mean do they take a cut of In-app purchases?

10. spicedbeangames

I ran a test on Google Play but now that the EU law is forcing Apple to be more transparent, I might have another crack.

11. spicedbeangames

Apple take 30% of everything you sell. But before you waste more time making changes, that will only be rejected. I suggest two things. One demand a call back so you can find out the reasons why your game was rejected, and secondly - do some research and find games that are similar that have already been published.

It's super annoying when Apple keep rejecting your game for a different reason each time and there needs to be more clarity.

12. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

I re-uploaded yesterday and under notes requested a phone call if the reviewer found any issues.
    btw google play was published with zero issues.

13. tonymartz2

tonymartz2 Avid Boxer

update: I uploaded with no changes and under notes I requested a call if any issues were found.
    Today Game was approved with no issues.... lol I guess its just who gets to review it...

spicedbeangames likes this.
  14. spicedbeangames

Congrats. Yes it is madness. Someone else I know had their game rejected for using altered screenshots even though they were taken directly from the game. I swear Apple just aren't testing some games and rejecting them automatically with generic reasons.

15. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

Unfortunately I have the same problem. I can't update old games that I have in the store for a longer time because of the guideline 4.3. What I'm wondering is why now and not before, it's only updates that I made because of the new version of Buildbox 2.3.11. Nothing was changed in the games and all updates of my games were not approved. I'm still waiting for Apple to call me back because nobody can tell me exactly why they were not approved. Apple is often annoying but I never had anything like this.

16. viking

viking Avid Boxer

Hello
    One good advice for the 4.3
    Change all the generics names of your UI and worlds ex : UiMyGame1 / WorldMyGame1
    Best to you

17. HG-2018

HG-2018 Avid Boxer

The problem is not the names of the uis, because they all have a different name and if it is there I am surprised that it is only now becoming apparent. All of them are just an update of the sdk version from 28 to 29 and the games are already in the store.