Not Free Anymore?

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by nforce, Jun 2, 2020.

1. rizwanashraf

rizwanashraf Avid Boxer

New Pricing ? Send me the Link :) i just got back in the business

unnati goel and redhouanee like this.
  2. Josh (Nology Games)

Josh (Nology Games) Avid Boxer

We are happy for members to share their opinion, but please do so without using caps.

unnati goel likes this.
  3. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

As a free user who signed up before the changes, I can see why anyone signing up now might be dismayed at the limitations of the free plan. I think it's important to look at this from the company's perspective as well. Remember that Buildbox isn't as big as Unity, for example, and making the free plan without too many restrictions might not persuade anyone to sign up for the Pro plan (what would be the point when the free plan offers x amount of features?), hurting the company in the long term (and we would all want Buildbox to still be here in ten, twenty years time)

unnati goel likes this.
  4. redhouanee

redhouanee Boxer

Why should I pay 10% of my admob profits as long the mobile export are not allowed :confused::confused::confused: ?

5. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

I wouldn't be surprised if they changed this. How can you get 10% of nothing? Ads on PC aren't as common as mobile (I've seen them mostly on free games from the Windows store)

redhouanee likes this.
  6. MarcG

MarcG Boxer

Just a thought, but couldn't the free version remove the limitations but have no export capability?

And for those that quote Unreal and Unity, these are very different beasts owned by massive companies and have very different requirements.

I had a short dabble with Unreal and whilst Blue Prints are code free and offer a lot more flexibility they’re also a lot more complex to work with and have a much bigger learning curve to get something up and running.

The deal-breaker for me was that my top-spec 2016 Macbook Pro 13 struggled to run it.

7. Mothy9999

Mothy9999 Boxer

That's not a bad idea. I wouldn't mind if they tweaked the subscription model a little: start with Buildbox 2 and offer the ability to export to Android/iOS a certain amount of times per month as someone else suggested, then pay a bit more to upgrade to a full 3D capability with the option to remove the splash screen. Not everyone may want or need 3D.

I suspect there will be more changes to the pricing model as they test things here and there to offer the best value possible.