Both My Pcs Now Have Software Breaking Ui Bugs

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by Tom Hitchen, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Tom Hitchen

Tom Hitchen Boxer

I emailed support about the first one, but haven't heard back, so thought I'd post here.

The attached photo is what happens on my laptop when I attempt to open a game world. This has been happening for a couple of months now, and the updates that have come out in that time haven't changed it.

boxlap.png

The photo below is what has now started happening on my PC. I was working on one of my projects, saved, and now I can't access any of my assets. Adding a new asset didn't fix it, and the issue is now in all of my projects.

boxpc.PNG

On both machines, I have restarted, reinstalled, ran in compatibility modes, etc. Is there anything I can do to get Buildbox working on either machine? Games are my only income at the minute due to being made redundant at the start of Covid.

Thank you for your time,
    Tom

2. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

Which graphics card do you have on this machine?

If you have an Intel 400/500/600 internal Intel please try updating to the latest update which has resolved this issue after their update introduced it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/96551/Intel-HD-Graphics-620

Most people who have an NVIDIA graphics card are able to fix this issue by disabling their system's default onboard video card. First make sure you update your NVIDIA drivers. Then open your Device Manager and under 'Display adapters' click the arrow to show the list of available graphics cards > then right click your system's default onboard video card > then select disable device. (This should only be done if it shows more than one video card. Do Not disable your NVIDIA graphics card.)

For this try right clicking on that area and changing icon size. Should resolve this. Also ensure on the latest updates for the software.

Tom Hitchen likes this.
  3. Tom Hitchen

Tom Hitchen Boxer

Awesome, thank you!

Sean Buildbox likes this.