Game Running Slower When Testing On Android Device

Discussion in 'Technical Discussion' started by AJAYBH, Sep 4, 2019.

1. dewball

dewball Boxer

ps. my previous message was for @Benoit, who said that:

2. Paras

Paras Boxer

Hi the game runs perfectly in buildbox3 editor but when i export the apk on mobile it slow the speed of the game the game run very slow please help me regarding this.
    Some person tell is that remove shadow, some is tell to remove light, some person tell decrease asset size, some tell to remove extra sound, someone tell to use messing shape...I do this all many time but then also game running very very slow in device..I have develop same game in unity it's run very very well in same device then What's meaning of buildbox platform..please solve this problem first.

3. wild Games

wild Games Boxer

hey
    even i am having problems like that, for me the games works fine on android 8 and above phone but it doesn't work properly on android 7 and below. what should i do.

4. Paras

Paras Boxer

Nothing solution I have android 8 then also not running well.

5. dewball

dewball Boxer

hmm... possible remove specular textures if you have them, also try to decrease asset size even more...

6. Paras

Paras Boxer

it's very basic solution. I have 2+ year experience to use buildbox so I know this all trick.

7. alley041

alley041 Boxer

i have this problem too, my first game has a large objects so game was slow in my mi 8 lite android 10 devise. after i resized them every thing was good. but i tested my game on android 6 phone and it was bad, very very slow and unplayable! i turned of shadows, i dont use any texture file, and i dont use any large and big elemnts but still ... come on buildbox team!

Paras likes this.
  8. strawmann

strawmann Boxer

I've been battling this problem for days and finally figured out a solution.
    My game is a jumping bottle flip clone. I was running between 22-31 fps on my Android.
    So, I increase the Gravity and the Jump Force's Y-axis and Z-axis until it felt right.
    The BB simulator runs around 60 fps, so it feels WAAAAY too fast. But on a slow Android, it's almost perfect.
    These may not work for you exactly the same, but try tweaking your physics settings similarly. Maybe it'll help.

alley041 and Josh (Nology Games) like this.
  9. Paras

Paras Boxer

I will try

10. Repez

Repez Boxer

Hi, do you have any news about this problem? I also have development issues on Android.
    I disabled the shadows, I removed any collision shape to hull to leave only the basic shapes like cubes and spheres, but the game continues to run really badly on Android.

11. Sean Buildbox

Sean Buildbox Serious Boxer

What device(s) are you trying? Currently Buildbox 3D games are truly only meant to run on flagship level devices currently.

I'd watch

12. Repez

Repez Boxer

I tested it on P8 lite and OnePlus3, on both I deactivated shadows and advanced collisions, but I have not solved anything.
    If I had to simplify the levels as much as seen in that video, my whole game would lose sense and be unnecessarily complicated. Is it possible that there is no way to make an engine light that makes a couple of things move? On iOS it works great, why is it so bad on Android?

Thanks for your help.

13. Sean Buildbox

P8 Lite is 5 years old, Oneplus 3 is 4 years old. Neither I would consider close to "Flagship level".

Android is definitely more delicate in the way you have to optimize your games for it in general. Factor in that Androids come in on a lot of lower powered devices in general (As opposed to iOS in which every device is "flagship") and unfortunately this is a reality of game design for mobile. We're always working on more ways to expedite the optimization process for Android but I cannot guarantee phones that are 4-5 years old on Android will be able to run 3D Buildbox games smoothly without heavy optimization

14. unnati goel

unnati goel Boxer

how to decrease size of assets

15. Repez

Repez Boxer

I had not reasoned on the discussion of the hardware models used by Apple and other mobile phone manufacturers.

In fact, now it makes more sense, however there are games that on phones of 3 or 4 years ago still run great, the things that BuildBox must manage are not many, it is not a PUBG, Fortnite or who knows which game that uses a thousand resources.
    It seems strange to me that we cannot optimize the software directly and not only the projects, because those phones that I have used are struggling to make a static scene turn with a single element of interaction and a handful of polygons, no effect, no particles, no strange thing.

However, I will try to erase a lot of stuff from the scenes, hoping to solve something.
    Thanks so much for your support and patience. ;)

Attached Files:

16. Sean Buildbox

If you have cases where you think it is clear that it is not a complicated issue to run and still observing an issue certainly send the example case in a BBDOC file over to support@buildbox.com. We're always happy to check it find more areas for optimization as well :)

No problem at all, we appreciate your patience as well ;)

17. dewball

dewball Boxer

You literally scale them down, I hope that helps!