Manage Your Tax Information

Discussion in 'Buildbox General Discussion' started by Moyi, Mar 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Moyi

Moyi Boxer

Hi Guys,

My App has been aproved by Apple and are ready to go. BUT!

Theres just ONE tiny thing I have to do before I can do that.

I need to fill in the Tax Information form in iTunes Connect. And since I'm not a native speaking english( I'm from Sweden)

It's really, really, really hard to understand what I should put in there.

If anyone not from the US have done this ( någon från Sverige kanske?) then that would be most helpful!

I'm pulling my hair out trying to get this done.
    I have to do this before I can get the damn thing out on Appstore :)

PLEASE HELP!

Regards

Moyi

UpperCat likes this.
  2. Moyi

Moyi Boxer

In the instructions-document it sais:

I made the text bold where I dont understand what it means.

Part I

Identification of Beneficial Owner: Please complete lines 1 through 4. Line 5 and 6: You do not need to provide a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (U.S. TIN) or foreign tax identification number (Foreign TIN) if you are not eligible to claim any applicable benefits under an income tax treaty. If you are eligible to claim any applicable treaty benefits, be sure to include your U.S. TIN on line 5 or Foreign TIN on line 6. A U.S. TIN or Foreign TIN is required in order to receive any applicable benefit of the reduced tax treaty rate for your country

Line 5 and 6: You do not need to provide a U.S. Taxpayer Identification Number (U.S. TIN) or foreign tax identification number (Foreign TIN) if you are not eligible to claim any applicable benefits under an income tax treaty. If you are eligible to claim any applicable treaty benefits, be sure to include your U.S. TIN on line 5 or Foreign TIN on line 6. A U.S. TIN or Foreign TIN is required in order to receive any applicable benefit of the reduced tax treaty rate for your country."

Part II

Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits: Complete this part only if you are eligible to claim any applicable tax treaty benefits. In this situation, you must complete line 5 or line 6 as described above. Complete item 9 and 10 (if applicable). Line 10: Complete this item only if you are eligible to claim any applicable treaty benefits that require you to meet conditions not covered by the representation on line 9. It is expected that Line 10 would not normally be applicable. See the official IRS instructions for Line 10 of Form W-8BEN for examples of when this line should be completed.

Part III

Certification: The form must be signed by the beneficial owner or an authorized representative thereof. Please also date the form and have the representative print his/her name in this area. If the form is not signed by the beneficial owner, please complete the “Capacity in which acting” field and attach the agents power of attorney. This form is not completed until you do so.

---

Thanks in advance.

Moyi

3. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@Moyi Are you a 'company' or an individual?

4. Moyi

Moyi Boxer

I'm an individual.

5. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

Firstly, listening to me regarding your tax form is not smart. That aside, here are my recommendations:

(Keep in mind I am looking at a printed form from the IRS - not exactly the online form you are looking at from Apple)

Part 1: Identification of Beneficial Owner
    1: Your Name
    2: Sweden
    3: Check the box 'individual'
    4: Your address
    5: Your mailing address (if you get your mail somewhere other than your address in #4 above)
    6: You have no US tax payer number, and don't need one as an individual: Leave blank or not applicable
    7: Enter your 10 digit personal identification number (personnummer)
    8: Leave blank or not applicable
    Part 2: Claim of Tax Treaty Benefits
    9: Check box a 'The beneficial owner is a resident of SWEDEN within the meaning of the income tax treaty between the united states and that country.
    10: Leave blank or not applicable
    Part 3: Notional Principal Contracts
    11: Leave blank or not applicable
    Part 4: Certification
    'Sign your name' Under item 1 listed under Certification 'I am the beneficial owner of all the income to which this form relates.
    Since you are not an agent, you shouldn't need a power of attorney.

Truth of the matter is:
    1. You wont make any money, so nobody cares how you fill the form out.
    2. You make some money - then you have cash to pay a tax adviser to fill out/update your forms. :)

Good Luck 'One who takes tax advice from strangers'

Attached Files:

HinshitsuApps and Moyi like this.
  6. Moyi

Moyi Boxer

Thanks,

Helps me alot! :)

I will rather take advice from a stranger then

1. Spend money on a tax advicer. (Well, I hope I make some money so can get help with these things in the future..)
    2. Fill in the form in with no clue whatsoever what I'm doing.

So thanks alot for your advice.

Regards

Moyi

JustWatchApps likes this.
  7. Moyi

Moyi Boxer

heathclose likes this.
  8. JustWatchApps

JustWatchApps Avid Boxer

@Moyi Congrats! I will check it out!

Moyi likes this.