How To Succeed?

Discussion in 'Game Marketing' started by PlayShaft, Sep 25, 2017.

1. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Hi guys!
    At me as well as at many of us there was a question how to earn on games made on BB?

I'll tell you a little about myself. I've been doing game builds for about 4 months. I have 7 ready games on google play. Approximately 30 people a day download my games. For all time I earned about 20$.

I'm constantly studying the mobile games market, i spend a lot of time on ASO but almost nothing earned.

Please share your experience. How many downloads per day do you have? Should I switch to IOS? Perhaps there I will achieve greater success?
    I would like at least to pay back BB, but so far I have failed.

Here is my account on google play, perhaps by looking at my games you point me to my mistakes.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=PlayShaft

2. abdussadik

abdussadik Boxer

Hello

I have 4 game for iOS, and I have about 50 downloads each game a day, so total 200 download (4 games). But monthly total earning is about $10-15 monthly.

Christoph likes this.
  3. sologamedev

sologamedev Boxer

My game have been out for more than a week now both iOS and Android. For the android game i am getting about 1.3k or so download per day and iOS average like 10 to 50 download. The iOS market gives you more money on ads but harder to tap in.

I would suggest you to market your game every where, get people to rate your app. There are billions of games out there and most of the top games that show up in any of the search history are games that have been out for a very long time with lots of review and downloads. So for any new game to show up in any of the search history is tough.

So far my android game, I have about 5500 download making roughly $2 to $5 a day including iOS ads. I still have faith in it, with 5500 dowload you can make $2-$5 a day, imagine your games have 1,000,000 downloads and how much you would made.

So market your game or if you can get publisher to help you would be perfect. You gotta spend money to make more money faster. If you are not spending your own money, then you need to find someone who is willing to spend those money for you.

4. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

go go to ios I loved your games and i think are great it will do well on appstore

5. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

Need to create paid games or spend money on advertising? Advise where better to advertise their games? :)

6. wesam_badr

wesam_badr Miniboss Boxer

What do you think about partening in games I am looking for a partner.

7. sologamedev

sologamedev Boxer

Hey,

So I started my game as paid for $0.99. I did get about 13 download total. But that took about 3 days to get just 13 download. Ever since I switched to free, it bumps to hundreds of download a day. Now my game average from 500 to 1600 downloads per day.

I did google adword, bingad, facebook advertising, hire people to write ASO and publish articles for my game on their social network and blogs.

The trick is how do you start advertising your game with low budget? You gotta spend money to make money faster, it's the reality, waiting for publisher is tough, I sent my game to 10 different publishers to different countries. I didn't get any response back.

Here is what I did...

1. Google adword gives $100 credit to people who have never advertise with them. You can create a google adword account or if you already have one, call google adword to get a $100 credit coupon.

2. Bing ad, gives new customer $100 credit. Call bingad ask them for coupon.

3. Have a Facebook page, post your game video and screenshot there, update it everyday or every few days. Promote your Facebook page

4. searchad from apple, $100 credit for first time customer. Call searchad team from apple to get your $100 credit

5. Create an instagram account. Post game video and screenshot. (Instagram account is a free advertisement for you, you can find people or group to follow and most of the time they follow you back) By following people on instagram, you expose your game to potential users that will download your game and IT IS FREE TO FOLLOW

When you start advertising, start with advertise in one or two countries first then slowly increase to more countries that you know people will download your game.

In the end, my way might not work best for you. Just keep doing try and error, you will find the best way that fits your game.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  8. sologamedev

sologamedev Boxer

Hi,

My game is in the iTunesStore. Thank you for the offer, currently not looking partner yet since I am still doing try and error to figure out what works well and what doesn't.

9. flicker

flicker Boxer

can i see your games?

10. PlayShaft

PlayShaft Boxer

11. flicker

flicker Boxer

Very nice games bro by the way download app revenue calculator. I have 5 games in mine mind i assure it will hit to the market but i am still leaning buildbox software. :)

12. Aswathy Jain

Aswathy Jain Boxer

Good reviews lead to more people downloading the app. Best way is to use any review exchange community . It gives more genuine reviews than paid reviews . Now a days Google has some strict policy against paid reviews . So use any good Review Exchange sites .

13. Aswathy Jain

Aswathy Jain Boxer

Social Networks:This is one of the best and free ways to promote your app by posting about your new app to your friends and family on social networking websites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Plus, LinkedIn etc. On this, social website there is a lot of groups, app installs and promotion groups which you can join and share your apps or games there for free. Using forums like Quora and Reddit is very important. This requires a ton of creativity, as you can't just go around promoting your app.

Create demo video on Social Media: With the help of this method, you can upload a video demo (demonstration) to YouTube with all the information and features related to the app.

Blogs:You can promote your app through blogs or discussion forums related to mobile apps by posting all the features and details of your new app.

14. blackiyto

blackiyto Boxer

At me as well as at many of us there was a question how to earn on games made on BB?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019